Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Melting Pot

Nancy-IL

Next week we're to be in the warmth of the melting pot for Central IL. Does anyone have any plans on detecting in the muck? I think I'll stay home a bit longer and rest up for Spring. HH to all, Nancy

After the snow is gone, I usually wait for the low temp to be above freezing for a week to get the frost melted but the ground moisture deep for better detection. Getting a nice deep signal is great but finding frozen ground at the five inch level make for chipping down to the coin with the posibility of damage. :rage: Take your probe and test the ground in a sunny and a shaded area, then pick your hunt site with the tools needed for best recovery. :twodetecting:

If it is warm enough to stay out for a couple hours, I'll go surface hunt grass and gravel, just to get my knees and hands back in shape. 60 next Friday maybe 45 Saturday.

Nice to see you around Dave! Good luck with your detecting and HH, Nancy

Hi Dave, nice hearing from you. I'm temped to do some playgrounds later this week when the snow melts.

Playgrounds are good too, but the wood chips stay frozen down deep. Looks like crap and not much loose stuff to scatter and hide your spot.

Who do I send my dues to?

I'll send you a PM Dave.