Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Members advice and insight on the X-Terra 30 ???

Woodstock

Hi Folks , After many financial set backs in finance's due to the poor economy and other bad people ( thieves ) I'm going to use a X-Terra 30 as my main detector till times get better . I know it's no longer produced and was replaced like they all have been to the newer 305 but by all I read in reviews it's a great machine in it's own right's.
That being said I need to know everything my brain can absorb from the members here . I read the on-line ebook and manual already and it offers some good info but I need to hear from the people I learned to trust here on Find's. Thanks and Happy Trails to All ! Woodstock ~aka~ Jeff

Great Detector....Turn on and go..It was my first and only detector for 5 years...1 detector,1 coil(9"7.5) for 5 years and it found everything i dug up.....Seriously, you cant go wrong,its a silver/clad killer,has good depth,easy to pinpoint,is very accurate on tid #s for coins and still finds the gold/silver jewelry...Good luck

Thanks Bob ... This one has created a special place in my heart ... taunting me till the ground thaws ! I considered bringing the blow torch out and heating my test garden but then I my wife would kill me and use the thawed to dig a hole and stuff me in it ... of coarse I'm just kidding ... or am I ? Lol !
But seriously I've done some bench testing and was very surprised on it's performance on the bench . I know it'll do better in the dirt sniffing world . Thanks for your thumb's up ! Happy Trails to You ! Woodstock ~aka~ Jeff

I upgraded to an X 705 two years ago, but will never part with my 30. I have found more with my 30 than my 705 to date! Great back up machine or when company wants to come out with me! Happy Hunting! Emmett

Have fun with it JefF. I had a lot a fun with my 30. Only sold it because I also had the 70 plus several other detectors. Did't really want to part with but couldn't justify keeping it without turning into a horder.
Mick Evans.

Hey Mick I know exactly what you met by a hoarder . At one time in better days I had at least five . I really don't think I felt any pain when they parted ways with me . But there's something about this 30 , and she must be crazy to hang around with me but I'm not giving her any other choice cause now that she's here she's stayin' right here ! Maybe someday I'll move farther up the X-Terra line ... maybe . But I'll never part with this 30 ... it won't be right ! Jeff

Hi Emmett, I guess this proves bigger model numbers don't mean bigger finds ... just a few more options and bells to ring . Just like when I had my Sovereign , I found tons of cool stuff so I sold it with all it's extra's and moved up to a Explorer and spent more time fiddling with it than digging . Thanks Ya' all for all the positive's and I have a good feelin' that next season will be one of my best ... at least fun wise . Detecting should be fun ... not work !
Happy Trails and Hunting to All ! Woodstock ~aka~ Jeff

Hey Jeff..Yes, i guess it does on the finds except i do believe that the 705 has picked out some deeper smaller stuff for me especially with the different coil combos that i use. Other than that, i would never slander my X30. What a great first machine that my wife bought me! Love ya Hunny! Happy Hunting Jeff..Emmett..P.S. Just one of my finds with the X30 about 4 years ago. I remember it was about 6 inches deep.