Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mens Wedding ring hit solid 51

rluna

I just got the Fors Core last week and today I had it out for the second time at a home built in the 40s.
First time was at a park. If you can find older homes to hunt, I think they are the best. Most of them
are virgin territory and unlike a park they are not trashy. I started getting wheaties right away so
I thought for sure I would find some silver but it never happened. I was hunting in Di3 mode with
the sensitivity maxed out and discrimination at 35 so most of my strong signals were at 60 and up.
The signals I did get around the 50 range I would ignore. When I got the signal on the ring it not only
was a good signal but it locked in at 51. And I mean it really locked in!! No matter which way I swung
it the number stayed at 51. I knew right away that I should dig this one but didn’t at the time think it was
a ring. I just knew that locking in like it did at that range was not normal. I'm not sure if its a silver ring or
maybe titanium or if its anything. Sure looks like Silver and it isn’t light.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the decision I made with the Nokta and not because of the ring but I am finding
the Vid #s to be pretty accurate and not overly jumpy. I have a Fisher F75 that jumps all over the place. This
Nokta acts more like the Tesoro Cortes I use to have with tones that are easy on the ears and solid on the hits.
Also the Wheaties were all around 6 to 7 inches(I measured)
and the tone was clear and loud. One wheaty I found was sitting right next to a fat nail.
So far I am really impressed with this machine. Really well balanced and easy to swing. The screen that is
visible while hunting gives only depth and vdi #s but that is all I need even though the depth is a little off.

Rand

rluna said:
I just got the Fors Core last week and today I had it out for the second time at a home built in the 40s.
First time was at a park. If you can find older homes to hunt, I think they are the best. Most of them
are virgin territory and unlike a park they are not trashy. I started getting wheaties right away so
I thought for sure I would find some silver but it never happened. I was hunting in Di3 mode with
the sensitivity maxed out and discrimination at 35 so most of my strong signals were at 60 and up.
The signals I did get around the 50 range I would ignore. When I got the signal on the ring it not only
was a good signal but it locked in at 51. And I mean it really locked in!! No matter which way I swung
it the number stayed at 51. I knew right away that I should dig this one but didn’t at the time think it was
a ring. I just knew that locking in like it did at that range was not normal. I'm not sure if its a silver ring or
maybe titanium or if its anything. Sure looks like Silver and it isn’t light.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the decision I made with the Nokta and not because of the ring but I am finding
the Vid #s to be pretty accurate and not overly jumpy. I have a Fisher F75 that jumps all over the place. This
Nokta acts more like the Tesoro Cortes I use to have with tones that are easy on the ears and solid on the hits.
Also the Wheaties were all around 6 to 7 inches(I measured)
and the tone was clear and loud. One wheaty I found was sitting right next to a fat nail.
So far I am really impressed with this machine. Really well balanced and easy to swing. The screen that is
visible while hunting gives only depth and vdi #s but that is all I need even though the depth is a little off.

Rand

Rluna...very cool find! Here is my ring picture found earlier this spring. My ring signal rang OUT with a solid 54, occasional dip to 53. And just like you, it sounded and acted "different" than a junk signal like pull tabs. So I dug it and here is what I found. my 10k ring find

Gotta love these machines,
Bubba
P.s. V nickels are a solid 55/56 reading

Hey Bubba, nice ring. I need to get out there and detect. I love this Nokta :)
Rand

Rand, my favorite thing about the machine is this...when it is running even HOT, IT IS QUIET! :twodetecting:

Bubba

Thanks for posting the #s for that ring. I'm adding it to my little Nokta note book. When this machine hits a good target it really seems to lock on. So far, for me, if the numbers are bouncy it has been trash except for the darn bottle caps which come in a solid 82 :angry:.

My caps will hit in the 80s then once in a while they throw a 60s so I am starting to be able to weed them out but it took a long time and hundreds of them to get this confident in ignoring them.

dbado1 said:
Thanks for posting the #s for that ring. I'm adding it to my little Nokta note book. When this machine hits a good target it really seems to lock on. So far, for me, if the numbers are bouncy it has been trash except for the darn bottle caps which come in a solid 82 :angry:.

Keep in mind that my numbers may not be exactly what your numbers are even though we have the same machines.
The wiring and circuitry in the machine although the same may be soldered on there just a little different in a few spots or
a little different in some other way which could make my 51#, a #52 or #50 on your machine. Also your ground could be
different then mine. Regardless, I'm sure you will get to know your machine pretty well :)

Rand

greaser said:
My caps will hit in the 80s then once in a while they throw a 60s so I am starting to be able to weed them out but it took a long time and hundreds of them to get this confident in ignoring them.

Dont Pennies and Dimes hit in the 80's also? Or is there a certain # in the 80's that you are seeing for bottle caps?

Rand

Yes dimes and pennies hit in the 80s as well but they don't throw the 60s in as well every bottle cap I have dug or at least the vast majority throw a 60s in with the 80s. they also have a noticeable sound difference at the beginning and end of the tone.

greaser said:
Yes dimes and pennies hit in the 80s as well but they don't throw the 60s in as well every bottle cap I have dug or at least the vast majority throw a 60s in with the 80s. they also have a noticeable sound difference at the beginning and end of the tone.

Ohh....that's what you meant. Now I get it. I'll have to pay attention to this cause the last time I was at an old park I was digging
up a lot of bottle caps. Really a pain :(

Rand

Thanks Rand!
I'm sure there will be some differences as you mention.
The caps I was hitting this weekend were shallow- out in the woods- and the CoRe hit on them with a solid 82 "dig me" signal. I also dug a few copper pennies in the same area that came up the same. I will have to listen for signal differences and put more time on this machine before I can walk by them with confidence that I didn't pass on a good target. I do a lot of prospecting with a SDC-2300 so I'm used to digging everything anyway.