Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

metal detecting and rainy weather question

yogaguy

Hi All. I just had a quick question about metal detecting during or after rainy weather. I've heard from some people that it's o.k. to hunt during a light shower and so forth, and I've also heard from people that you should wait a day or two after it rains to start hunting again. I was just wondering how others have felt about this? I would like to hunt this weekend at a spot, but it's suppose to shower or possibly rain the whole weekend. I was wondering if I should make the trip or not if it indeed does rain as the forecast predicts? Thank's all. HH. Sincerely, Randy

getting the control box wet. I have had to put a baggie on it if a drizzle came up, but I wouldn't take any chances. Good luck.

I've heard that it's actually better when the ground is wet somehow, maybe because of the ability to "see" targets better or something, but I'd certainly put a baggie over the control housing with a couple of ties or rubber bands. Personally, I would also take off the baggie when youre done to let the housing "air out" so to speak in case any moisture built up inside. Just a precaution.:)

Hey Beachguy777. Thank's for the advice. The more I think about it, I think I'll just wait until the showers or rain stops and then go out, just to be safe. I heard and read the same thing you did about the wet ground making it "better," in sense, to pick up targets. I guess the conductivity is better when the ground is wet. Thank's again! HH. Sincerely, Randy