Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

metal detecting coin collectors

Don't really collect coins anymore, but that's what actually got me started in the detecting hobby back in 1972. Back in the 70's and 80's I started a wheat cent, Buffalo nickel and Mercury and Rosie dimes collection of coins found with a detector. I stopped collecting coins in the early 90's. HH jim tn

My father did way back in the late 60's-early 70's. That's how I got my first taste of detecting. He did very well at the time filling many of the empty spots in his collections.

I did well too, finding a bunch of silver in those days!! Great memories of time spent with my Dad!!

Started coin collecting as a kid back in the 1950s when such coins as Indian cents, Buffalo & V Nickels and silver coins (ie of all denominations starting from around Barber) were used for pocket change. I continued to collect as I grew older, but when I got my first metal (early 1980s) and started finding all sorts of old coins that I wasn't familiar with, that really peaked my interest and collecting rare/premium old coins, patterns and tokens (especially Colonial/American) became and has remained a serious hobby!

HH

For me metal detecting and coin collecting go hand in hand.It also snowballed into collecting detectors as well.HH!

Metal detecting has started me into coin collecting.

Now I have I have 2 more hobbies that I can't afford. :clapping:

Started detecting in the 70's and been coin collecting since.. Learned more about history doing that than ever in school !!