Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting Footwear

landman

For those who have a detector so sensitive that having non-metal shoes is a must.
What do you suggest for non-metalic footwear? This is foot wear in the field and forrest, desert, not the
beach. Thank you!

Must admit in all the years that i have been detecting have never as such had any problems of the coil picking up anything metal in my shoes/boots,ands i guess the reason i dont have any problems as such is i do have my bottom rod extended a bit so that when i am detecting on pasture with a big coil setup i can swing with bigger swings to cover much more ground.

Only problem that i am aware of and take precautions is when i use my big Pulse machine that can sometimes pick up my stainless spade,so i basically drag the spade behind me and this stops the problems of the detector of picking up the spades blade.

Those Merrils (sp?) slip ins with no laces are comfortable and not bad...no metal in them either...worn a few sets of them out myself..depending on the terrain, I can surmise a fellow wearing some sort of rubber calf high boot?.
Mud

Hello landman ......I've had some trouble with the metal in my boots while relic hunting and using large search coils and running in all metal.
Last year I found a pair of BATES 5" boots with no metal used in their construction and I like them really well.
Go to the to Bates website and look for Men's 5-inch-Tactical-Sport-Boot. I found mine on fleebay at a good discount.
They look like this...
Good luck and happy hunting :

Once bought a new pair of shoes with metal lace eyelets. Don't know about other detectors but my eTRAC threw a falsing fit.

If i ever get to hunt the desert out West, its gonna be hi-top kevlar boots!

Hi-Tec hiking boots with out metal eyelets is what I wear. If you have to wear steel toe boots for your job which I do, I switched to composite toes which is non-metallic and metal detector safe for those days I want to hunt after work and I forgot to bring my regular detecting boots.

I got mine from Doc down in Las Vegas, in fact I bought 3 pair total as I like to wear them for work or play as they are comfortable and have no metal in them. Many have metal in the arch too, but not these and they are great to wear.

Rick

What kind of boot did you get Rick(ND)?

I wear an old pair of well made high top sneakers... or if im farm field hunting i sometimes wear the neoprene rubber boots my got me at tractor supply ...they cost like 50 bucks but they are waterproof ,very lightweight and incredibly comfortable... i run my disc low and know exactly what your dealing with...

I cant find the exact number of the boot, but it is the Bates and used for like the swat teams as they are 8 inch sides and black in color and are waterproof to. Like I say I got them from Doc down in Vegas as he was recommending them for his detector customers and wound up sell them in his shop and though the mail too.

Rick

Hi,
I guess that depends on what terrain you are going to hunt in.
On a beach a guy is prone to wear different footwear that when hunting a ghost town in a desert location.
And the guy lurking through pilings in Alaska is going to wear something different all together like sturdy shoes that can withstand sharp rocks.
Why anybody would even want to wear steel toed boots when not at work sure beats me.
hh
skookum

For hunting in small rivers and streams in the woods, I recommend anything from Muck (depending on climate). http://www.muckboots.com/?gclid=CO7qqq_9rsYCFVM7gQodqyENGg

I have a pair of the Fieldblazer: http://www.muckboots.com/fieldblazer-mossy-oak-break-up

These are comfortable, waterproof, stable walking amongst the rocks and muddy stream beds, and don't interfere with my metal detector signal.

Mike

Some areas I detect in west Texas the Mojave and rattle snakes won't get the best of you in LaCrosse knee high snake boots.
They work for all the cactus, mesquite and thorny bushes we have here too.