Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal detecting for people with physical disabilities

BH505Man

I'm not sure that this is the correct place to post this, however this is my situation. I'm hooked on metal detecting, however my wife is disabled (she suffered a stroke in June of last year) and I don't wish to leave her alone at home for extended long periods of time. She can now get around in a rolling walker. She can't stand up for long periods of time but can walk on her own using her walker which has a seat to sit on if she tires. I would love to be able to take her with me detecting & I do have a lightweight BH Legacy 3500 that she could use while I'm beeping around close by with my Teknetics T2 Classic. I thought that maybe she could sit in her walker and scoot along swinging the Legacy 3500 and if she finds something, then I could dig it for her. Do any of you know any disabled detectorist who metal detects from a walker or wheel chair? And can you give me any ideas that may help? Thanks for any inputs or useful ideas.

Walt

I don't know of anyone personally,but i've seen people in wheel chairs metal detecting on the covers of older treasure magazines.