Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal detecting in Bisbee, Arizona and which detector for USD 570?

pelanj

Dear friends,
it seems that I will be sent out for a service trip by my company to Mexico, but we will stay at a hotel in Bisbee, AZ. Does any of you have an experience with detecting in that place or around? Are there any law restrictions? I am considering
packing in my Silver uMax as I will most probably have some spare time during evenings. Did the customs have a problem with metal detectors in the US? Is there any detector shop around where I could buy a Compadre and bring it back? Or would
any of the dealers here ship to a hotel address? I have a customs-free limit of 570 USD (430 Eur). Which detector fitting into the range would you recommend? Unfortunately, the Tejon or AT Pro are just above the limit :/

I will stay there at least for one week.

Thanks for all info!
I am sorry for the double post, there is a bit older one in the Tesoro forum. I did a mistake while posting.

For the sponsors: I could buy a close to new unit you took as a trade-in with limited warranty (say 1 month just to try out). Also, I will most probably travel with a colleague, who could take the coil or accessories in his bag. I would need two receipts then or at least two separate items on the bill. Somebody might consider it cheating the customs, but I do not see it that way. Coils are sold separately and free accessories or postage are not free but included in the price anyway. Of course, a 2000 USD MD would not do it, but if it is a 600 USD with accessories and free postage, the real value of the MD is definitely below 570 USD. Please PM me with offers. Thanks.