Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal detector depth test site....

Skillet

What do you guys think about these results?

Skillet
http://www.staffsmetaldetectors.co.uk/depth_test.htm

My XL PRO can pick up deeper than a XLT Or my XLPRO is just super hot?????
I can also pickup dimes at over 9 inches.
It could be I know my XLPRO
I would say learn your detector the deeeeeper it will go.

Hey Skillet
My T2 Will ID a silver dime at 10" and bearble autabule at 11" in the
3tone mode. Very good I think. I have had the t2 sence june 06.
Man you went to a lot of trouble to work out that chart. thanks for
all your hard work. Don HH

My experience with the Tejons and the F75 was that they were as deep as my Explorer II. I don't know my Nautalus well enough to say with any assurance that it is as deep or deeper than the Tejon and the F75. I just don't know yet.
Just my opinion/experience,
Tagamet

I know I don't agree with a few things on that chart. Keep in mind that everyone's mineralization, etc. is different. The only way to know if it's a good machine for certain is put the coil to the soil in YOUR area. I've owned quite a few machines that have all been presented as being deeper than another brand. In the end, they weren't so I sold them. But, just because something don't get depth in my area doesn't mean it won't do good 150 miles away.

-Bill

Thats the third warning I've heard in the last twenty years and they are still here.
They sell loads of low and mid range detectors through sports shops.

Hmmm ... yep ...

Due to genetic engineering. They are aristocratic (think they are better than you), yet rank on the bottom of the old totem pole in most things, live in a country that has some "bloody dreary" weather, and have to eat food that is bland. So after years of breeding in such a climate you gain some things and you lose some things ... in this case they lose their sense of humor. Instead of laughing they say something witty like "bloody good".

:twodetecting:

I think thats funny...Brits don't think their better than you Mike....your posts prove they are. Now get back to parking cars and pumping gas.

Brian, If we keep losing our manufacturing base here in the US those may be the only jobs left. You did forgot the most important career, toll booth operator.

You know I do have a job that is associated with autos. Stamping license plates. They won't let me park cars ... afraid I'll take off from prison.

I guess the Brits might have a slight sense of humor ... given that they live across the water from the French. If they didn't they would have left centuries ago.

I do not know of anybody who could afford to purchase all those machines and take weeks to determine the out comes if they were not bias to on company or the other. If i somewhat calculated it he or she would have had to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars to get all them machines and to do the testing???:nerd: Although i do believe the Minelab machines are one of the best money can buy.
Treasures Down Under

I'm not sure if the people testing are more familiar with one brand of metal detector and thus this could have altered the results..I have used and owned a lot of these units and would challenge some of these findings.The Minelabs are good units but so are some of the other detectors.One critical information left out is what size coil was used on every detector tested not some but all used for this study I guess it is what it is a test with a lot of unknown factors that may have altered the results,which at best this depth test is good entertainment.

I would concur. I have a machine made by minelab and like it. However, I am a novice and someone with a much lesser quality could easily out detect me. So unless you were an expert with all detectors I also question the findings.

Maybe the dude is rich and actually has all those detectors at his call to pull out an run through the test. Not sure how long it would take and I have thought about building a test site and put pennies, dimes, nicles, quarters and some wire as well as a tab from a can. You could spend a small fortune doing that alone ...

Well, I'm really surprised at the results!!! First of all, I've read many "REAL" field test results on a bunch of the machines listed and they seem to disagree with the tests listed here. There are so many variables that have to be considered when claiming to test all of these machines against each other. Any detector expert will tell you that there are many "tweaked" settings (not turn on and go) that need to be understood for each type of machine and this will affect the detection depth quite a bit. No one can possibly be an expert on all the different machines listed and you would need years to master just a few. All detectors need to be "tweaked" for the various types of ground conditions encountered and some machines need the halo effect to work at best depth. Also there are other UK/detecting sites that have had GREATLY different results testing the same type of coins listed for this test. I have had several of the machines listed and can say that in tests I did I received WAY different results too!!! The other thing is power, did all the detectors test and have fresh batteries??? This can make a HUGE difference. Also, I take with a grain of salt any Dealers claimed results in any test conducted like this. The Tesoros IMHO are some of the deepest hard hitting machines around and can keep up with the best of them!!! I have owned MLs and they are real nice machines, but to claim these results over everything else just can't be correct. Thanks and HH

[quote Skillet]What do you guys think about these results?

Skillet
http://www.staffsmetaldetectors.co.uk/depth_test.htm[/quote]

Below in my post I reacted to your chart in a childish way. Because your chart totally slammed some of my favorite machines I was ticked-off.

But after doing some in ground testing on my own I've discovered you are correct. Bummer!

Anyway, now I know what to buy in the future.

Thanks for being brave and posting this.

~Doug & Penny