Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detector rack

Tony-swmo

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'd like to know if anyone has a design or plan for a rack for metal detectors that can be used to lay detectors in the back of a pickup? I know I've seen these. I would like to know if there are any pitfalls associated with using one of these as far as damaging the detectors. Thanks for any information! :unsure:

Seeing that no one posted their idea, I will post mine.
Bought a pack of 2' x 4" Styrofoam insulation at the hardware store. Cut the sheets into 6" x 4' strips. Stacked the strips to 6" tall.
Tape the strips into a 6" x 6" x 4' block. I used black duct tape cause it looks better.
My truck has a bed rug so I put Velcro on the bottom. The block will lift the electronic end off the bed floor and stops the unit from sliding forward or back.
The block also stops grocery's and small items from sliding forward. Total cost about $10.

Be very cautious with any machine carried in the waaaaay back of a pick-up truck. I had a rack made from 2X4's in a similar manner as above, and when someone nudged me into a light pole back in '98, the whole wooden holder system did NOT stop when my truck did. I was lucky, I only had a Fisher 1266-X back there, a much lighter machine than others I owned at the time, the machine slammed into the very forward panel of the pick-up box and only broke the stand off. To this day, I still haven't repaired the stand, but the machine still works very well. My detector and the rack were very stationary. The rack broke where I had notched spots for detectors to sit.......nge

Thank you for the helpful suggestions. It is very much appreciated.

Metal detectors and the rack need to be secured when they are transported.

Tony-swmo said:
Metal detectors and the rack need to be secured when they are transported.
Tony, my whole setup was screwed to the bedliner on either side. When you hit a pole, and stop suddenly, even coolers get severly damaged. The guy that tapped me was going 60 and I was only going about35mph....nge