Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detector Rack

JJdigs

So if everyone doesn't know me here yet...I was bit by the detecting bug 10 years ago....Unlike my love for playing bass guitar in bands...Where I used one or two basses in a very long period of time. I felt like I needed to try every metal detector known to man. My count in the past ten years is well over 100. Anything from vintage Fisher,tesoros,teknetics,compass,no name brands and Garrett's ....To the most resent models like Whites vx3,explorers,etracs...Not to mentioned Fisher Cz,1270 and other 1200 models to all F series....Most tesoros.....You get the point ....Well ....I have had a closet that was stuffed full of every gadget k own to man and boy did it suck.....I really like to make YouTube videos of all the detectors I buy...Try and then sell...Some never get camera time and some do...Life is busy with work,kids,family and other projects...
Well I finally made a detector stand/shelf....Right now it holds 12 detectors....I have more but that's all the room I had to work with. It was very some and much needed ...I also got glued a Velcro strip so they cannot slide off.....I have been building a work station to do repairs also...I buy alot of detectors on eBay and sometime they come in/ or purchase them as parts or repair...Some need now battery packs .....Or fixed wires or some I just have no clue what is wrong with them ....The more I learn the more fun I have in life.....
The bin below the detectors holds coils and battery's
" no batteries are in the detectors" and other detecting accerories ....

AFTER OWNING SO MANY DETECTORS THE BIGGEST THING I LEARNED ?

NEW ISNT ALWAYS better.....
Thanks for reading.

JJ,thats a very neat idea for storing the detectors etc,i currently have 23 detectors and about 45 coils at last count and storing them can be a right pain in the rear end,but then you add all my other detecting related equipment then it takes up a fair amount of space.May try and design something similar as what you have made and then have a go at building the 1st prototype.

Great idea and thanks for sharing it :thumbup:

Mega I bet that must be tough to store that many detectors. Well I mean that many detectors I can keep. I flip them to make extra loot to help the expensive thing called life.... Just out of curiosity what is your favorite and least favorite detector ?...I forgot do you live in Europe....

JJdigs said:
Mega I bet that must be tough to store that many detectors. Well I mean that many detectors I can keep. I flip them to make extra loot to help the expensive thing called life.... Just out of curiosity what is your favorite and least favorite detector ?...I forgot do you live in Europe....

JJ,i can spend the best part of 12 months looking for a new detector this could be as a replacement for my everyday machine,but i do all the methodical indepth homework on them rather than follow the 'sheep herd' as i call it,non of my detectors have ever been the latest must have off the shelf ones,often many have initially teething problems etc.Also in all the years that i have been detecting only sold one machine and that was a Troy X5 which cost a arm and a leg over here in the UK,i used it with many hours on the clock for 14 months so gave it a good time duration,some one offered me the same as a paid for it so it went to a new owner.

Regarding my favourite detector that one is very easy the Deus infact i own 2 one as a backup just incase i am a away on a long weekend dig,the worst one i reckon must have been the Troy X5 as mentioned above,the main 3 machines that i carry with me on every trip are the Deus,Nexus MP for the ultimate depth,highly mineralized ground and the good old faithful original T2 which has found me more gold coins than the others put together.

Yes you are correct i am based just north of London in prime roman/celtic and saxon areas,most of our history has been around for 1000s of years,and of course well before banks or other secure premises ever came about,so the only way to secure or hide wealth was in the ground,this is why over the last 20 years some of the most famous hoards have been found using metal detectors and i doubt that we have evern touched the iceberg on how many hoard finds are still in the ground here.