Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detectorists come in handy!

madaboutmike

Today I did a little early morning digging in a playground among the chips. I got a stramge signal near the swings and startred digging. Within a seconds I had a pink cell phone in hand. I pondered how to get this back to its owner. I had trouble contacting the local service provider and out of desperation, got into the owners message box and imediately found "Mom". I called Mom and learned her daughter was franticly searching for her phone because not only were all her contacts in it, but also personal info.. The phone has been returned to the service provider and will soon be in its rightful hands. A metal detectorist is a pretty handy fella to have around!

WAY TO GO.......WE LIKE TO HELP.
I also found a ring a lady had for over 30 years and she is also very happy to get it back.she let me take a photo of it and it is on www.firstontop.com.I can hunt her yard forever.
She had no money but made me a very nice cake.
It was homemade and very good.
It is nice to be able to help people.:clapping:

Nice Job! It was nice of you to really help someone out! Something similar happened to me this summer. I responded this summer to an ad that stated that a woman had lost her grandmother's antique heirloom diamond ring in her back yard. She was literally panic-stricken when I spoke to her! I told her not to worry, and that I would help. I drove about 75 miles one way to get to her 100 year old house. I started searching immediately with my Whites. It took me two hours, (it was a big yard!) but I finally found her ring, down about 1/2" in the soil. She was soooo happy I found it for her. All I would accept from her was sufficient money to cover my gas. She said "thank you to metal detectorists everywhere!"
Kevin

Nice to get the news out that we come in handy sometimes.I have been lucky enough to find four owners for rings I've found....one I knew before I found his ring....the other three were complete strangers...classrings..and with some detective work...Smiles that are hard to beat.There is alot of satisfaction in it.I use an xlt..and I like it!!Happy Hunting!! Keep up the great P.R.

Hey Clondike,
these are the nice things to find and return. I was at a local park the other day and found not only a spent hollow point but also a 38 special cartridge. I called the cops but they didn't want any-they have enough ammo. Can't wait to find the gun! mike

[size=medium]WAY TO GO!!! It's great when someone can return an item to the rightful owner. Gives me a great feeling that you did that. Hopefully many others will read your post and do the same if they come across something identifiable.[/size]

Guess what! Silly me. As I was torturing an english mufin, I reinspected a chain I found in the chips in the same playground. Come to find out, because I'm not lucky and nearsighted, the chain is 14 carat! Am reaching for a thermometer- have contracted gold Fever! Am surprised the 4x6 DD coil could snatch an 8' chain lying horizontally like a nail.

Have owned MXT for 5 wks. - started on Sov. Elete 2 yrs. ago and when it broke down before my Dad required pre and post surgical assistance, I ordered a MXT. Must state that MD'ing is a fine recreation when one is engaged in care giving. Within a few minutes and little preparation you can be in a school or a park, turn on and go, have nice outdoors time, a potentially profitable distraction, some pretty good exercise ( started summer 38" waist and now slip into 36 with no belly contortions) and be home within prescription scheduals. Keep sweeping - mike

A buddy of mine and I were hunting at the base of a cliff in a park near my house. There is an elevated walking trail at the base of the cliff. We found a cell phone under a bunch of leaves and debris. It still had one bar of battery left, so I went into the contacts. I found one labeled "Home". A lady answered and proceeded to tell me that her daughter had fallen off of the trail a few days before and spent three days in the hospital with a head injury. She had just gotten the expensive phone a couple weeks earlier, and was just sick to have lost it. The family had looked for it, but it apparently had shut off in the fall. Her mother was there in less than twenty to retrieve it. She offered a reward, but we didn't take it. Knowing that someone felt a lot better because of us was good enough.

n/t