Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal detectors that have VDI #'s

Hi i need help, i'm trying to find out all the metal detectors that show the VDI numbers...so far ive been told that the Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, Minelab X-teraa 30, 50, 70 all have the numbers Now which other Brands & Models.

Dave

The new Fisher f-75 and the F-4 plus the Coinstrike and many of the Fishers do also.

Compass goldscanner pro Compass coinscanner pro Teknetics Mark 1 minelab explore series minelab sovereign I think. Dan

Stacks with VDI meters but as you say numbers....

Technetics 9000, T2, Scanmaster, Newforce/C-Scope RI, Goldstinger, Minelab Quattro, C-Scope 1220R.

I think it may be safe to say..All manufacturers that make hobby metal detectors except a few "Troy" being one have a model or two with VDI's

Gooogle metal detectors and check out some of the sites..You can see almost all models

steve's statement about the xl-pro is right on!..probably the most accurate analog meter ever made!

(h.h!)
j.t.

The thing about this topic for me is that this year the Troy X5 has been my main hunting machine on land and the excalibur in water.
I also have XL-PRO ,goldscanner pro, coinscanner pro , explore 11 , ace 250, in addition to other machines that I have so I'm not
sure why I decided to go that way this year it could be that I'm confident with the Troy hunting. Dan

I've got the X3 and the X5 and if you like the Shadows then you will love any XP machine though the higher end models that combine all metal mode with an adjustable ferrous reject tone have a distinct edge. No meters on any XP machine as they just can't be trusted for anything beyond recent coin losses. XP have similar build quality to Troys machines, are light weight and have the advantage that they can have the control box mounted mid shaft, behind (under the armrest) if larger coils are used, or chest or hipmounted.

i talked to troy a few years ago,and got the distinct impression he was on to something good!..cutting a contract with fisher to produce the x3,and x5 was also a good busines play!..what i don't understand is what happened?..it seems like he has just faded away!..don't believe the x3,or the x5 is produced any more..can anyone comment on this turn of events?

(h.h!)
j.t.

[quote Texas Coin Hunter]Hi i need help, i'm trying to find out all the metal detectors that show the VDI numbers...so far ive been told that the Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, Minelab X-teraa 30, 50, 70 all have the numbers Now which other Brands & Models.

Dave
[/quote]

The White's M6 also has VDI numbers.

People didn't consider they offered good value for money as there was no meter. Then they over priced the detectors even more in the European market which is far more important than the U.S. in terms of profits.
The final nail in the coffin was the expansion of the XP company which offered similar none metered machines with the same high build quality but cheaper and with the advantage of conventional discrimination as per the Shadows/Tesoro's etc but also the added advantages of low and high frequency models, multi tone discrimination in all metal, three position silencer switch, onboard battery charging, wireless headphones and cheap upgrade by replacing the chip (cost about $25).