Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal hardware on Omega coil mount?

I disassembled my Omega for a trip and noticed the knob on the stock coil mounting bolt had a metal nut insert. My other Tek coils are all plastic. Any opinion or information on whether having metal that near the coil is a problem?

downeaster said:
As long as metal that small moves in the same plane as the coil, there shouldn't be a problem.

In my foggy memory that's what I remember. Thanks guys.

Jimbog said:
I disassembled my Omega for a trip and noticed the knob on the stock coil mounting bolt had a metal nut insert. My other Tek coils are all plastic. Any opinion or information on whether having metal that near the coil is a problem?
Jim--------That sounds like one of the older (metal) bolts & nuts that FT had for some of their detectors.-----The newer bolts & nuts are all plastic.------I guess there is two lines of thoughts on this---(1)Operation isn't affected as long as it moves in with the coil----(2) It could affect g.b.---------I have always been of the mindset that it could affect g.b.--plus, I don't want ANY un-necessary metal around my coil.-----I changed to all plastic bolts & nuts on my detectors even before FT replaced those earlier metal inserts one with the plastic ones.----I would rather "be safe than sorry", JMO-----------Del

I suppose this is really a question for our mega gurus, but I was wondering...
If there is a possibility...
Could...
This actually make for a super-tune like the nickel on the Propointer trick?
I mean since the metal does not move in relation to the coil, and it is motion (changing spatial relationship) that alters the field to generate the data (change in the field reading) that the detector measures to determine what and where the target is AND GB takes a static starting point setting to compensate for Fe ground levels...
Well, I was thinking...
What would it hurt and could it actually help?
just wondering
Tom