Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meteorites

"Dr.Tones"

I figured there has to be some meteorite hunters in here. Hope it's ok with the admin that I post this here. There's not a dedicated meteorite sub forum on the page but I know I can't be the only member here that's interested in meteorites. I'm pretty new to meteorite hunting. To this point I've focused on mostly gold, coins, relics etc. Over the course of the past couple years, I began to dedicate more and more of my time to learning the ropes. Meteorites fascinate me to say the least. I'm currently in the process of making a documentary of our most recent meteorite hunting adventure. It's geared more for people that maybe haven't ever heard of meteorite hunting but I think the seasoned vets might get a kick out of it too. If anything, you'll be entertained by us thinking we're meteorite hunters or maybe you'll just enjoy some of the collections we got to see. I hope you enjoy the sneak peek. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjxEs5OrV6c

Brandon, off to a new venture ahe? Good for you! Meteorites are cool , Ive often thought about trying it. Did a little research and found that most activity is indeed out west. There is a little in PA, none in De. Prob not worth chasing hear on theceast coast. Anyway, I watched some documentaries about it and is interesting. One episode showed some dort of home made rake that included rare earth magets, mounted to a yruck bumper and driven actoss the desert. Another thing to consider is the amount of meteorite looking objects that are found are not real. Most have to be tested in a lab to look for a certain composition of elements, one of the important is nickle,
I do wish you good luck with this new phase of detecting. I still think I have some learning and bucket list coins to find yet!
Take care and find lots!
HH,
Mike

Thanks mike! Yeah, there's definitely a lot of testing that goes into conformation. Being that we don't have colonial coins out here, we have to get creative