Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meter Calibration Whites C/M 6000 Di Series 3

leslie

Posted my question on the Whites Forum and got no replies, could some kind person please

explain to me how to calibrate the meter on my 6000 Di series 3.

Forever Grateful.

Les.

Hi Les, I would send it in to Whites and let them adjust & test it out It's comforting to know that you'll get it back with a "clean bill of health".

The Whites tech. know what there doing.

TC-NM

Thanks for your reply TC- NM I don't think it is a Techy job,it's the black plastic screw on the bottom of the meter which allows you to move the meter needle left or right to calibrate the meter.needle.

I have the meter needle set on zero,just want a little help from other Whites analog meter users, no mention of this in Whites user manuals.

Regards.

Les.

That is a 'mechanical zero' adjustment. To adjust it properly:

1. Turn you detector off
2. Hold your detector in the position you use for detecting.
3. Adjust the screw to move the meter needle to zero.
4. If your mechanical zero seems to fluctuate or drift, check to see if the plastic cover over the meter has developed a static charge.

gringo-vikingo said:
That is a 'mechanical zero' adjustment. To adjust it properly:

1. Turn you detector off
2. Hold your detector in the position you use for detecting.
3. Adjust the screw to move the meter needle to zero.
4. If your mechanical zero seems to fluctuate or drift, check to see if the plastic cover over the meter has developed a static charge.

leslie,
+1 .... What he said. It's a zero adjust ONLY.

If you've got VID/TID numbers off, that's probably due to ageing internal components, and can't be compensated for by simply shifting the zero point.

:)
mike

Thank you guys for your input,the meter is now set on zero, tests done with different metals are
all spot on, the analog meters are more honest than digital IMO.
Thanks again for helping out with the meter needle setting.

Regards.

Les