Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

???? meter

gim

I am thinking of getting a meter for my new gt and I know there has been post on this before but would like a new updates on my Questions. Also my hearing is not so good have to ware hearing adds booth ears. I would like to know what you actual users and experience that you all have used them. 1. your thoughts are they worth the money. 2. are they helpful with the gt 3. Where can I buy one other then eBay if you know someone who has one for sale and what should the cost. Thank you for all your help.

Stick with the 180 meter. The 550 meter jumps around too much in my opinion. The Digisearch and DTI meters both work well. The DTI III comes with a backlight. The DTI meters are getting hard to find. The Digisearch meters are lower profile on the shaft. Or you could go with the mod where the meter is installed in the speaker hole. Joe Patrick does the mod. IIf you are indeed hard of hearing I feel the meter is a very wise choice. The difference in the tones will not be as noticeable. The meter will help to identify the targets and save you some digging.

Hi Gim,
I am also hard of hearing and the meter makes the machine( Sov GT) turn from night into day for me. Some tones for me are hard to distinguish as well. This is where the meter makes a HUGE difference. Place a want ad here on findmall. I paid $125.00 for mine. I just saw a DTI III go for around 147 -n- change on feebay. So they are out there and to me well worth it. Then there are some on here that build a different version of the popular 180 meter out of a voltage meter and you can save yourself some $$ if you go that route. Ron from Michigan comes to mind. Take a look at this posting of a meter he created. Nice job Ron! I am good at soldering but this I would leave to a professional such as Ron. Best of luck in your decision - Jim

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1503458,1509903#msg-1509903

gim said:
I am thinking of getting a meter for my new gt and I know there has been post on this before but would like a new updates on my Questions. Also my hearing is not so good have to ware hearing adds booth ears. I would like to know what you actual users and experience that you all have used them. 1. your thoughts are they worth the money. 2. are they helpful with the gt 3. Where can I buy one other then eBay if you know someone who has one for sale and what should the cost. Thank you for all your help.

My friend I show some interest in a custom made 180 meter seen on eBay. And probabably I will buy one Sonny. The maker said he will inform me when he will make some more. The price that was sold was 60 gbp, but again are these meters as good as the original ones?

On the meters both Minelab and Sun Ray no longer make meters for the Sovereigns, so you will have to buy used or make one.
I too am very hard of hearing and found it real hard to find a set of loud enough headphones for me, but on the Sovereigns the older style Timberwolf are the one I found louder than any other ones. I have found another set that seem loud enough for me or anyone hard of hearing and those are some called Bushmasters made by Detector Pro for one of their dealers.
There is no way i can use my hearing aids with any headphones, so they have to come off when I detect and use headphones.