Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mexico peso coins don't air test?

I'm new to the Deus. I've tried the factory programs, reduced disc to 0 and bumped up iron volume but I can't seem to be able to air test a current $1 or $5 peso coin. I maybe get a little broken chirp here and there. They read about a 22 on my MXT Pro. I think they are made out of aluminum and mix of bronze and stainless. Can someone else try it?

Hi TabWisperer,

I checked a 1997 1 peso from the Dominican Republic (didn't have one from Mexico) and it read 56@4kHz, 71@8kHz, 78@12kHz, and 84@18kHz. No problem detecting it in all 4 frequencies.

Now Canadian dimes and quarters are another story. I discovered today that they register as if they were ground mineralization (and thus are not detected as a coin) when swung in front of the coil between 1/2" to about 4" from the face. Beyond 4", they register in the mid to high 90's. So... I'm guessing we're probably are not picking up to many Canadian dimes and quarters in 1/2" to 4" range--based on the air tests I'm observing.

---Cladiator

Here is a stock photo of the type of coin I have tested.

^That's an interesting challenge for the Deus - those peso coins are brass encased in steel or stainless steel, and I'm really surprised the Deus won't pick the brass out of the picture. It may be the shape of the target - often while detecting areas around here I would find coins mixed in with steel flat washers and bolts, but the only time I could detect the coin was when I removed the steel target(s) and then the coin signal became clearer.

You would think that a "blended VDI" would be the case for this, but I'm guessing it's the shape of the coin (target) that Deus thinks is trash, and is having trouble locking on to it...Maybe try 18 kHz with moderate reactivity settings?