Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MGC 5X8 coil compared to others with picture

dfmike

I got my MGC Labs coil yesterday. I plan on using it tomorrow on my F19. For now here is a shot of the coil for size comparisons. The coils included here are the Fisher 5" Gold Bug coil, the stock 5 X 10 and the MGC 5 X 8. I will comment once I have used it a few times. All I can say for now is that the coil seems of solid construction.

The MGC weighs as much as the Fisher 5 X 10 or 425 grams without cover. The Gold Bug coil weighs only 280 grams. The smallest coil is a joy to use because of how light it is but like I mentioned in a previous post. it's far from being a depth demon.

2 inches shorter than the stock coil but the same weight. Maybe it has thicker "windings", which may be a good thing. It will be interesting to hear your results. Good luck.

I'm very curious

I loved my time with it. Worked very well on the G2+...and F75+ version as well. Definitely gets the job done in trash...and the price is right on them. Gave them both to a friend who has an F44 - F75+ - Patriot...he is loving them as well.

I only had time to use it once so far. I liked it and it performed as I expected. Since the area is densely wooded and the brush is so thick and tight, it will not replace the smallest round coils I mostly use there but it did seem to go deeper which is what I wanted. I was getting more targets in the 5-6" range. I will use it again on a trashy manicured lawn next time. When weight is a concern and in very tight spaces where one wants to run a coil just about everywhere, nothing will beat the 5" round coil. The F19 with that small round coil is the lightest detector combo I have ever used.