Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MGC coils

Yes, the MGC 5X8 DD, and it worked great. I only had a brief hunt in a grassy picnic area with a lot of modern trash. Worked better than a Sharpshooter and Fisher 5X9.5ish coils I compared it with, and Target ID's locked-on better as well.

A really solid coil, and I have used mine less than 30 minutes but am selling my F-75+ and most of my units due to declining health and mobility so I am also selling my extra new coils. If interested drop me a line.

Monte

Yes, the MGC 5X8 DD, and it worked great. I only had a brief hunt in a grassy picnic area with a lot of modern trash. Worked better than a Sharpshooter and Fisher 5X9.5ish coils I compared it with, and Target ID's locked-on better as well.

A really solid coil, and I have used mine less than 30 minutes but am selling my F-75+ and most of my units due to declining health and mobility so I am also selling my extra new coils. If interested d
Monte...Thanks for the reply and info. I'm real sorry you have to sell most of your equipment. Did you try the all metal mode with the mgc 5x8 on your F75+? Also what kind of dirt was in the park where you used it? One more...Did it pinpoint close to the toe/heel as well as center?
Ronk

RonK, one park moderate mineralization for where I was with GB at 82 and the other place balanced at 87.

Magic 5X8 pinpointed nicely on coins at center of axis. My outfit is down to a low number and likely to drop more unless I can somehow get mended. Rats!

Monte

I have the 5x8 magic coil on my f75, and although I think it's a deep coil it feels heavier than the stock coil. I think it's epoxy filled

I have the 5x8 magic coil on my f75, and although I think it's a deep coil it feels heavier than the stock coil. I think it's epoxy filled
How long have you used it? Also do you think it performs better in hot ground and how stable compared to the stock and fisher 5x9ish dd?

Ronk

How long have you used it? Also do you think it performs better in hot ground and how stable compared to the stock and fisher 5x9ish dd?

Ronk
It's a excellent coil,stable and deep at full sens. I do like the fact it's a closed coil for the woods,no hang ups on brush..I've used it quite a bit,got it this year..The f75 is just a beast with any coil but if you can get a 5x8 magic coil ,jump on it. They're fairly inexpensive compared to Fisher coils..

It's a excellent coil,stable and deep at full sens. I do like the fact it's a closed coil for the woods,no hang ups on brush..I've used it quite a bit,got it this year..The f75 is just a beast with any coil but if you can get a 5x8 magic coil ,jump on it. They're fairly inexpensive compared to Fisher coils..
Who sells them?
Ronk

The Fisher concentric 6.5 (football) coil is also heavier than the stock coil.

The coil I've been looking at for the f75 it the detech arrow but so far I haven't seen any reviews..4x18 inches,I'll bet it's a vacuum for tot lots

I owned the round 7"DD magic coil for the F75. I thought it was a good coil. very sensitive, about the same depth at the 5x10 in my dirt. In the end I liked sweeping the 5x10 better.
HH
Mike

I have the Detect Arrow for my F75. I love the air test. Much better than the Tesoro Cleansweep and I would say equal to or better than the old Jimmy Sierra Bigfoot coils. But I can't say anything about the ground yet because I haven't been able to actually hunt it. When I get to actually put it on the ground I'll post something. But my wife's condition may continue to push that out into the future.

HH
Mike

This one will be listed in the classified if anyone is interested

Attachments

• 2835FF76-B3C8-4D6B-9D6C-587EDADB6351.jpeg
    2835FF76-B3C8-4D6B-9D6C-587EDADB6351.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 92

Ronk
I had a couple of those foreign made coils and used them for maybe six or seven months. Just a little heavier but not bad since I never extend a rod way out in front of me.

I compared it and felt the MGC 5X8 DD provided equal or better depth, smoother and more consistent VDI read-outs, and they were very accurate.

Monte