Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI-6 issue!

Mark kus

I have a less than 1 year old MI-6 and when I’m out using it I try to turn it on and nothing it’s fully charged working fine then nothing when I push the button!!!?
the only way to get it to work again is going back to my car and plugging it in then push button and it works again for awhile then does it again??!!
Anyone experienced this!
Matk

Anyone

Never had this happen with mine...
Any chance you got mud or dirt under the rubber button?
I did once with my old Garrett and had to replace the rubber.
Don't know if this can happen with a MI-6
Only other suggestion is to send it in, should still be under warranty.
Let us know what the solution is... Might help others in the future.
Good luck

Thanks my older one I had never had this problem just kind of weird

I have stopped using my mi-6 because of so many problems, sent it in and it was refurbished and still has problems, mine will lock up the controller and won't turn off, so discouraging when you pay that much money for something that doesn't work. Would love to have a good working unit because i really like to us it with the Deus one of the best detectors out there.

I had a problem of not being able to hear the pinpointer when I turned it on but the led showed that it turned on. My problem was that my pointer was not in program 7 so it was self inflicted. Amazingly I seemed to have learned after only one mistake (knock on wood).

I read that version 5.21 update dealt with a paring problem but I'm not sure it's the same problem that you have.

If it is under warranty there should not be a charge for shipping and return shipping to the owner, i paid a total of about $50 to send it in and get it back, they said they rebuilt the unit but it still locks up my controller, i have to turn the controller off and then i can turn off the pinpointer, if i try to turn of the pinpointer off before turning off the controller it won't turn off. How about they send me a new pinpointer to replace this bad one freight free??

There is a detailed set of instructions that comes with the pinpointer. Much more info than the Deus instruction manual. It takes some practice to get your timing right to turn off the pinpointer. I think the instructions say hold button down for at least one-half second. But if you hold it too long it will act up and it's easy to get lost in the menu.

Its not the instructions that is the problem, i have done so much research on this subject and videos and reset the unit at least twenty times, trying something new with the hopes that maybe i'm doing something wrong, I'm not a novice with many years of experience and pretty good technical ability, and still everyone seems to think that i don't have the unit set right, i can't see that setting up the pin pointer wrong will lock up the controller like when you have to boot up a computer that has locked up on you.

Digger 45, you have not said what coil you are running or what version of software you are on. I had a simular problem with my MI-6 but the upgrade to V5.21 totally fixed the prolem.

I use the 11" LF coil and the 5x9 HF coil upgraded to v5.21 the upgrade was done months ago when it came out. I i remember right i was using the 11" coil the last time it locked up my controller.

Am I the ONLY idiot on this web site? I opened this thread thinking it was about the British Intelligence service. :cool::rolleyes:

So if you turn on your pinpointer while detecting, you can't use the detector until you turn off the remote, turn off the pinpointer and then turn on the remote again? Is this correct?

In the "for what it's worth" column I heard there are some counterfeit versions of Deus out there. Be sure you are on a safe website to download.

I also have the suspicion that electrical interference in some people's house might cause some updating issues. Some of the big sources of EMI are light dimmer switches and faulty electrical equipment like florescent lights.

When i'm using the detector and turn on the pin pointer the controller locks up i then turn off the pin pointer but the controller keeps telling me to turn it off can't do anything but turn off the controller and as i have said turning it on again is says the pin pointer is still on even though i have turned it off. By hitting the pin pointer it goes off and i have to restart the controller for normal functions. That is why i don't us the pin pointer any more with the deus. All of this after the factory has replaced the guts on the pin pointer.