Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI-6 Pairing Method

Sataro

Just bought a used Deus & trying to pair my new MI-6 pinpointer to the remote. Traded for a new X35 9” coil. So cleared out my older coils. Added the X35 coil. Followed instructions & hooked up ws4 headphones & new X35 coil to charging cables. Followed instructions & ran the upgrade to get ws4 puck & remote to the newest version. No issues there.

Now trouble begins...easy instructions to follow or so it seems. Turn on remote & go to options—>pinpointers—>(switch on while holding down the MI-6 for 8 sec)—>so I hold down MI-6 button for 8 secs & nothing ever happens. Remote never finds pinpointer.

Disgusted at this point. Probably making some stupid mistake in the process but haven’t discovered what I’m doing wrong.

I turned remote off & was able to pair remote to WS4 puck but never could pair it to the remote.

Any help is appreciated if anyone has any ideas...

Hey Sataro,
Do you know if you're in program 7 on the pointer? It's hard to keep track of beeps! Also, since the WS4's are loaded, did you try pairing thru them? Scroll thru the menu for PP and then hold the button for 8 secs on the pointer.
Even easier to watch this: [video] http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/16-mi-6-pin-point-probe/

Also try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mee0CD6tWYU

Thanks for the reply back. I've watched both videos last night with no luck. I was not sure if the pinpointer had to be in program 7 before pairing them. Will try again. Thanks...

Still no luck. Not sure what is happening. Remote controller will not recognize it. My ws4 puck will recognize it & install it with no issues. Any one else have any ideas, I'm all ears...

Try this. First unlike updates, you don't have to pair the MI6 to the puck only the remote, unless you don't want to run with the remote on which is not what most folks want. The MI6 will only pair with one remote at a time. Since you bought it used, it may be still paired with another MI6.First go back into pinpointer mode off main menu, hit and select "remove" and hit. This will remove old MI6 if there. Then go back and link your MI6 with remote, I have 2 deus and 2 MI6s and I have to be sure I have the right one before I start out. Hope this helps.

LTimedigger said:
Try this. First unlike updates, you don't have to pair the MI6 to the puck only the remote, unless you don't want to run with the remote on which is not what most folks want. The MI6 will only pair with one remote at a time. Since you bought it used, it may be still paired with another MI6.First go back into pinpointer mode off main menu, hit and select "remove" and hit. This will remove old MI6 if there. Then go back and link your MI6 with remote, I have 2 deus and 2 MI6s and I have to be sure I have the right one before I start out. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. I finally got it to pair up last night but it still would not work. The display has been showing no pinpointer until it finally paired last night. But still would not work. Went back in & looked at my pinpointer serial # & realized that the serial #’s did not match up. So followed your suggestion & removed the pinpointer. Synced up perfect after that. Thanks a bunch!

Now that is good news and shows what some would find confusing. In the video, it only shows it syncing up automatically [unlike the coils that are done manually]. In my original post, I was going to ask if maybe an (I) was a (1) or a (0) was (O) etc. What are the odds that the previous owner had his in there? We're all still learning and am glad that matter is cleared up. Excellent catch LTimedigger!