Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI-6 Pin Pointer problems???

cookie58

I received my pin pointer yesterday. Earlier I purchased my Deus, it already was a V4. I did not have to do a download. After the pin pointer was paired with the metal detector, and the pin pointer is turned off, not all times but some times the coil does not comunicate with the headphones. I have even tried to remove the pin pointer and it seems to still do this. Thanks.......

Have had same problem. The 4.1 coming out is supposed to address this. Until then turn off your headphones then turn them back on. This has always reconnected the phones with the XP for me. HH

There can be a delay which is being addressed.

Also when changing frequenters.

Happy hunting,

Jerry.

Am considering purchasing MI-6, but with all the problems that have been occuring I've decided to hold off to see if version 4.1 cures the issues. Anyone have any information when 4.1 will be available?

I never paired my MI-6 with the Deus, I use it stand alone. Turn on/off is super fast, the vibration mode is all I need. Every now and then I peel back one side of my headphones to listen to the tone but its not really needed.

The pinpointer is brilliant. I have from time to time small connection issues but it is not really a concern when you take into account the performance. I could not be more happy with the pinpointer. 4.1 will fix the outstanding connection issues.

Charles (NY) Question, by not pairing the MI-6 with the deus, aren't you losing a lot of the features of the pinpointer?

RogerW said:
Charles (NY) Question, by not pairing the MI-6 with the deus, aren't you losing a lot of the features of the pinpointer?

Thats very true.

You can home in on a find using both sound and visually on the screen.

If you dont use the whole advantage of the MI-6 then buy a carrot stick and save a few bucks.:beers: Jerry.

RogerW said:

I don't use those features, not really useful to me. Because the MI-6 does not have target ID I frequently will grab the main coil to sweep a pile during recovery while also using the MI-6 in the hole e.g. multiple targets in the hole. If the MI-6 had target ID then absolutely I would pair it.

I have an X1 probe for my Minelab Explorer Se Pro which has tone ID, in fact it has every feature the Se Pro has including discrimination, ID screens, its basically a 1 inch coil no different than the 11 inch main coil. I will likely gut my old Explorer II converting it for hip mounted X1 probe use only and leave the MI-6 at home. While it will take a few seconds for the X1 to power up the time saved by not chasing iron around a hole will more than make up for this. ALSO having used the X1 probe for 17 years I have dug a great many holes that had multiple coins in the same hole, its weird but they seem to sink at different rates so the 2nd coin may be 2 inches below the first and ditto for the 3rd. Or off to the side of the hole. I really wish the MI -6 had target ID that would have been brilliant being wireless.

I think I may have been able to sucessfully get my pin pointer paired. Before, I had taken the pin pointer ONLY out of the controller. I was reading the instructions latter about how to take the pin pointer out of the headphones and I did. I then re----paired them just to the controller and making sure the headphones were on. It worked. I failed to mention that during this process I was trying to pair a new eliptical coil. That is another story. But, I have successfully paired both. Don't forget there are two places to enter and take information away from this machine--------the controller and the HEADPHONES!!! These seem to be truly good and genuine products for this great HOBBY......

cookie58 said:
I think I may have been able to sucessfully get my pin pointer paired. Before, I had taken the pin pointer ONLY out of the controller. I was reading the instructions latter about how to take the pin pointer out of the headphones and I did. I then re----paired them just to the controller and making sure the headphones were on. It worked. I failed to mention that during this process I was trying to pair a new eliptical coil. That is another story. But, I have successfully paired both. Don't forget there are two places to enter and take information away from this machine--------the controller and the HEADPHONES!!! These seem to be truly good and genuine products for this great HOBBY......

So, do you think that all the connectivity issues have been resolved, or will you still have to wait for version 4.1 to have full function of the MI-6?

All I can say is that everthing is paired and seems to be working fine right now. It is not instantaneous when you click the pin pointer on or when you click it off but, it is awfully convenient to have the sound come through the headphones...... As far as the version 4.1 download, Moe with service said it was the best thing ever. Seriously, If everthing is still working, I don't know if I will use the download or not.....

Very good. I will be interested in how this works out for you. Think I will hold off a bit longer on the MI-6, and wait for 4.1. I am now using the Garrett pin pointer which is possibly not as efficient.

I haven't paired mine waiting for 4.1 but have noticed if put right on the target without knowing its just there (the target) it can read the target as the ground as in not give a tone or very little tone like the target is further away anyone else have this issue or am I doing something wrong?

otherwise I am happy its just different to the carrot and going to take a bit to get used too.

AJ

Try and adjust the sensitivity. Sensitivity is real easilly adjusted when paired and it does make a big difference. I'm sure it can be adjusted also in the stand alone mode.

I can understand that the MI-6 has more options and can be tweaked for your personal preferences. Bottom line - does it perform that much better in the field to justify the additional effort that is required as opposed to using the carrot?

I used it again today. It is definitely as good as the Garrett. My old pin pointer was the black one and not the carrot. The benefits are hearing through the headphones and the sensitivity adjustment. It does sound off or seems to at a greater distance over the target even without sensitivity adjusted. It feels just a little different because of the delay when turning on and off and I'm sure that will get betterwith time. I do believe that I will use the 4.1 download when available to help with this. But, if you like the XP deus, and I do, the MI-6 is just an extension of it and seems to good product----so far.

Another thing you will like about the MI-6 is that it will recharge in about 10 minutes and hold the charge a long time. I take the carrot which eats batteries strickly as a backup now.