Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI-6 Pinpointer - Does it work or not?

txop

I really like the concept of an integrated pinpointer but all I see are negative posts. I would have thought after 4.1 came out there would be a lot of feedback about it.

The problem is I can't find an any? I don't see any positive posts about it. I read just about all the posts here on the forum and still can't tell if 4.1 fixes the problem I am reading about.

Is anybody successfully using one linked to your Deus and happy with the way it performs?

Thanks,

Harold

Mine works perfectly. Turn on pinpointer and within a second coil is off and I hear pinpointer in my headphones. Turn off pinpointer and right back to coil. No issues

I have been using mine for many months. It is so much faster than any other pinpointer I have used. Having the sound through the headphones plus the precise VCO makes a big difference.The battery charge lasts for along time, I only charge it once a month or so and I hunt a lot. Since I switched to 4.1beta ( which I still use) I have had hardly any issues with connectivity. I feel it is well worth the price,

Mine works great you just have to make sure in my case the sensitivity is turned down mine falsed a lot then I turned it down and it’s perfect now

I just got one with my new Dues that came with 4.1. I love it! Very smooth and fast swapping from coil to pinpointer, I can keep the headphones on, very slick.

I received one for Christmas. I got to use it for about a half hour the other day. Pairing it was a cinch and it worked flawlessly the 10 times or so I turned it on/off. I really liked hearing it thru the headphones.

Thanks All,

That is what I was hoping to hear. I am still at 4.0 so I guess I will have to update my firmware.

Today I was hunting for 4 hours next to an airport with jets landing every few minutes. I couildn't hear my stand alone pinpointer. Drove me nuts.

But one other question. I have several other detectors. I carry a second detector with me that has a 5 inch coil. So when I change detectors will I have to change programs in the MI-6 or will it just work with audio when the Deus is off?

You change it to work in a standalone mode with a few button presses. It should take less than 30 sec to get the mode you want without Deus connectivity. From memory, it's press and hold to get to program mode, then tap 1, 2,3,4,5, or 6 times to get to the program you want. Wasn't too hard for me to figure out.

XCGerry said:
You change it to work in a standalone mode with a few button presses. It should take less than 30 sec to get the mode you want without Deus connectivity. From memory, it's press and hold to get to program mode, then tap 1, 2,3,4,5, or 6 times to get to the program you want. Wasn't too hard for me to figure out.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I better order one.

Works seamlessly and flawlessly for me on 4.1, did have a couple of connectivity glitches early on with 4.0
Gary B has very helpful pinpointer tutorials on his YouTube XP skill school channel for your viewing pleasure..........