Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI-6

Dalpal

Not noticing a lot of buzz about V4 and the MI-6. Most of the V4 changes improve the performance of the Deus slightly. I will wait for the elliptical coil to come out as I feel it will be a better fit for my type of detecting.( high iron contaminated sites)
I have had the MI-6 for a few days and I love it. It cuts the time to find targets by about 50%. When paired with the Deus I can find small targets with ease as well as ones in the hole. It is easy to turn up the sensitivity via the control which should be great for use in England where tiny lead pieces can be frustrating to find. If it had discrimination it would have been the perfect pinpointer (IMHO) and would have sold as fast as they could make them. As is it is still worth the price.

Dalpal

yep if it had the same tones as I was running in what ever program I was running on the Deus I would own one but yes it would be nice to have one but I have 3 already (other brands) and cant justify the added cost..

AJ

Hello Dalpal,,

I agree, the Deus probe is great. I'm using it along with the controller with other detectors, ordered a couple of controller mounting brackets so my controller quickly snaps on to these other Pi detectors fitted with the same mounting bracket. Probe is deep when using the controller, will post a pic with the controller on one of my pi's. Simply turn it on when using the probe, off when using the pi.

If you hunt in thick iron, use the highest kHz setting with the HF coil. You're going to like the elliptical coil, I'm ordering one as well after seeing what the 9" HF coil can do in thick iron.

HH, Paul

Old California said:
Hello Dalpal,,

I agree, the Deus probe is great. I'm using it along with the controller with other detectors, ordered a couple of controller mounting brackets so my controller quickly snaps on to these other Pi detectors fitted with the same mounting bracket. Probe is deep when using the controller, will post a pic with the controller on one of my pi's. Simply turn it on when using the probe, off when using the pi.

If you hunt in thick iron, use the highest kHz setting with the HF coil. You're going to like the elliptical coil, I'm ordering one as well after seeing what the 9" HF coil can do in thick iron.

HH, Paul

These are encouraging words...I have one on the way and sometimes I spend a lot of time looking for a tiny foil ball in a clump of sod, and get the hole about 10" deep first before realizing it :surrender:

Looking forward to seeing what's a little deeper than the 11" level - Dalpal I agree...If some sort of discrimination and/or full tones could be implemented "Sunray style" into the MI-6 I don't think XP could make them fast enough....:blink:

Hey Paul,

Tell me more about that detector you have in your sig.... Is that something you modified to accept the XP remote?

Hello Jadocs

The rig is a White's TDI, and no the controller is not working (paired) with the TDI.

What I'm using the Deus probe for, is with my two Pi's. GPX and TDI, With the controller mounted on the Mars shaft I can quickly turn on the controller and then activate the probe. It's only for quick access, no need to fumble searching for the controller it's within reach.

Deus probe with controller is deep, with a Pi one needs a deep and sensitive probe.

Take care,
Paul

Thought the MI-6 was supposed to have discrimination? What a bummer:thumbdown: