Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI6 not switching modes on remote

Kapok

Just inboxed the MI6 and got it paired with the Deus. However, when I turn the pinpointer on, the remote does not switch over to pinpointer mode. Also, the audio won’t switch over to pitch . I select that mode and save, but seems stuck in pulse. I deleted the pinpointer from the remote and re-paired it, but both situations are the same. I’m using V5.21.

Turn your Deus on. Turn on the Mi6. Press the button again until you hear the little melody. Immediately press the button 7 times, sounds like a musical scale. The Mi6 should then be in the mode that connects it to your Deus. Go into the menu just below the pinpoint target box and you can change the Mi6 sensitivity, tone, pitch etc.

Jeff

Turn your Deus on. Turn on the Mi6. Press the button again until you hear the little melody. Immediately press the button 7 times, sounds like a musical scale. The Mi6 should then be in the mode that connects it to your Deus. Go into the menu just below the pinpoint target box and you can change the Mi6 sensitivity, tone, pitch etc.

Jeff
Let me explain better. When I first got it paired up, I could see the Pinpointer mode (or whatever it's called) when I switched on the MI6. At that point I changed the tone from pulse to pitch but it just would never switch over. It just stayed on pulse. And now when I switch on the pinpointer, the Pinpointer mode doesn't activate at all, it just stays on the main screen of the remote. I can hear it through my WS4's but don't see the pinpoint target box.

Did you try the sequence of steps I suggested?
Jeff

Yes. Right after I paired it for the first time, I was able to see the pinpointer menu and adjust the sensitivity, etc. I tried to change the tone but that wouldn't stick. Now when I switch the pinpointer on, the menu never appears. I tried following the steps you mentioned again. Still nothing on the remote. I hear it fine through my WS4s though.

Don't turn on the WS4s. Just try to pair it with your Deus controller. Make sure its serial number is still in the pinpointer menu in your remote controllers Option/Pinpointer/settings. You could try removing the serial number and re-pairing it. Whenever I use it with my ORX or Deus I turn on the remote controller first, then turn on the Mi6 an make sure it is paired up, then I turn on the WS or WS4 so that it is slaved to the master remote controller and not acting independently.

I use my Mi6 both paired to my ORX/Deus controllers and unpaired with other detectors. When I want to use it with my ORX or Deus, after using it unpaired, I always have to reset the Mi6 on setting 7 by turning it on, holding down the button for around 5 seconds and then after the melody pressing the button 7 times.

Don't turn on the WS4s. Just try to pair it with your Deus controller. Make sure its serial number is still in the pinpointer menu in your remote controllers Option/Pinpointer/settings. You could try removing the serial number and re-pairing it. Whenever I use it with my ORX or Deus I turn on the remote controller first, then turn on the Mi6 an make sure it is paired up, then I turn on the WS or WS4 so that it is slaved to the master remote controller and not acting independently.

I use my Mi6 both paired to my ORX/Deus controllers and unpaired with other detectors. When I want to use it with my ORX or Deus, after using it unpaired, I always have to reset the Mi6 on setting 7 by turning it on, holding down the button for around 5 seconds and then after the melody pressing the button 7 times.
Well, that worked at least as far as getting the Pinpoint menu to appear correctly, so thank you, jmaclen! However, I still cannot get the MI6 to use pitch mode. It seems stuck on Pulse no matter what.

Is your WS4 also using V5.21 software? Have you read the Version 5 manual concerning Mi6 operation with the Deus controller and independently from it? Some information in the little booklet that comes with the Mi6 is slightly different from what is in the manual. Maybe something is getting lost in translation. More likely it is just me being distracted and not particularly tech savvy since I am still having some problems operating all of these different components fluently too. Gary Blackwell's YouTube videos really helped me. Glad it is sort of working.

Jeff

What has me overwhelmed are the 6 programs (3 with pitch and pulse) and 3 with just pulse that can be chosen using the Mi6 as a stand alone pinpointer which are different from program 7 which pairs up with the remote controller and accesses 4 more programs which are within the remote controller software.

Jeff

Is your WS4 also using V5.21 software? Have you read the Version 5 manual concerning Mi6 operation with the Deus controller and independently from it? Some information in the little booklet that comes with the Mi6 is slightly different from what is in the manual. Maybe something is getting lost in translation. More likely it is just me being distracted and not particularly tech savvy since I am still having some problems operating all of these different components fluently too. Gary Blackwell's YouTube videos really helped me. Glad it is sort of working.

Jeff
You're not tech savvy? Could have fooled me! Yes, I'm using V5.21. I'll check out the online version of the manual.