Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mi6 pin pointer sensitivity

JimmyCT

For those that have experience with the Mi6, how far away can you be with your pin pointer in stand alone mode and hit a coin target such as a dime?
I have mine setup in program 6 ( vibrate ON, buzzer off and high sensitivity)
I was approximately and 1 1/2” from the dime before I felt the pin pointer vibrate. Does this seem to be the distance you are getting ? I thought I would be able to get a bit more distance between the pinpointer and dime. I was hoping to pick the dime up at least 2 1/2 “ - 3” away.

One of the programs should be able to hit a dime at 2 1/2” it’s not the program recommended for general use but cache hunting or water uss

I use MI-6 standalone, with program #5 with the medium sensitivity and it will vibrate about 1 1/4 from a dime. Maybe with tones instead of vibrate it might signal a bit deeper? I don't know.

The pinpointer does not detect as far in the stand-alone mode. Good idea to read the instruction manual.

The pinpointer does not detect as far in the stand-alone mode. Good idea to read the instruction manual.
I read it thoroughly. I would just think it would get a bit more distance then it does

I read it thoroughly. I would just think it would get a bit more distance then it does
Well Earthly, I read the instruction manual too and don't see where it says you get less distance in the stand-alone mode. Perhaps it says that in the German or French translations? :LOL: I agree, you would think it would have more than a 1.5 inch range. The short range suits my hunting style but I have had probes with much longer ranges. I always tuned them down though.

I don't remember where I saw that it doesn't detect as far.
I realize it doesn’t detect as far being paired to the headphones. I would just think it would be a bit more powerful then what I described up above.

I’ve noticed the Mi6 doesn’t have near the “depth” as the fpulse/Tek point. I still really like it paired to ws5.

When the MI-6 is connected it has its own sensitivity adjustments within the RC.
Perhaps they are slightly higher than the stand alone setting.