Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Micro gold and the AT Pro

pulltabMiner

I hunted the Iron Pit again last night. The only gold I found was this tiny 14K clasp. When I found it, it had a couple of chain links still attached but I lost them as I was experimenting with air tests.

I was running the AT Pro with the 5x8DD coil. Sensitivity down to 4 bars and iron discrimination at 35. The spot where I found it has no grass so I was able to scrape the ground with the coil, which I do whenever possible.
The Pro gave a very soft and broken mid tone. I investigated further and I could get a sound every third swing or so. The depth indicated was 6 inches. I decided to dig it to see what it was since the tone was so soft.

I dug the hole to 6 inches but nothing was in the hole. I finally ran the coil over the pile of dirt and I got the mid tone again. Whenever the Pro showed a target id, it was 35, always. I investigated the dirt with the propointer until I saw the glimmer of yellow.

Air testing showed that to get a hit from this clasp, it had to be touching the coil. I imagine the clasp was barely under the surface and that's how I even found it.

After countless tiny targets with the Pro, I finally hit micro gold. I can see why micro gold is not found though, it is near impossible to detect. The AT Pro did it nonetheless...

[attachment 234636 clasp-14k.jpg]
[attachment 234637 clasp-size.jpg]

Exactly why the AT Pro is my choice for tot lots. I've found nothing that hits that small odd shaped gold like the AT Pro.

That's tiny! Congrats!

Great job! I am willing to bet it may have been that deep. I dig deep foil signals in the park all the time. Some of the pieces are so tiny and miniscule. Just goes to show ya the ATP is one mean sensitive machine. I'm going to start digging those 30's signals from now on. :thumbup: