Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Micro Jewellery on beaches.

below2doe

Hi Guys,

Any guys have any luck with small chains, lockets. If so what model tesoro are you using.

Thanks in advance Below2doe.

I don't know about beaches, but this teeny tiny gold chain clasp could be picked up by my Compadre.
Not very far, out to about 3", and disc has to be in all metal but it hits it fine.
My Vaq and the big DD coil could not see it however I think the smaller sniper coils on the Vaq might have a chance.
Small lockets most of them should probably hit them but small sniper coils should have the best chance.
Currently only the Compadre and Tejon models have true 180ED (which would help I think), and both are known for their hyper sensitivity to the smallest of targets.

Using older Tesoro notch machines in fresh water hunted with zero disc....a bobbi pin, fish hook etc would give a poor signal but a small ring or chain would hit.
Forget saltwater situations as the will chatter and hunt poorly....

(Micro) Jewelry & wet salt sand basically share the same VDI Range, so any Single frequency VLF detectors will not work very good ........the Sand Shark (PI) does good on small jewelry and its a salt sand friendly detector .......good luck

A Tiger Shark hits small stuff very well on the beach. A pi machine may be deeper, but the Tiger hits better on the small stuff.