Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Middletown Ohio!

I just moved to Middletown so question what kind of stuff do you hunt for
I know this is a old thread, but my wife and I lived in Middletown Ohio from 2009-2013moved back to Arizona end of 2013 lived on Sutphin street the house we owned was built in 1889 found my best find ever while living there under the house in the crawl space, also found a ton of silver coins and other things in that area

I know this is a old thread, but my wife and I lived in Middletown Ohio from 2009-2013moved back to Arizona end of 2013 lived on Sutphin street the house we owned was built in 1889 found my best find ever while living there under the house in the crawl space, also found a ton of silver coins and other things in that area
What was that special lost find ?

What was that special lost find ?
well it was a box that was buried in the back corner of the crawl space, the house had a crawl space under it that when you were inside you could literally stand up and swing a detector, the crawl space had a 9-10 ft ceiling in it and was approximately 25 feet long by 10 feet wide inside, you had to crawl through a opening in a block wall that divided the crawl space from the basement the crawl space had a dirt floor in it the bacement had a concrete floor, in the very back corner of the crawl space I found this box that had over 700 coins inside some I have yet to be able to identify but the ones I remember the most was 12- 2.5 dollar 1800s gold pieces had one of them 12 appraised and the value was 18-20k just for one I have yet to ever top that one find and most likely never will that was back in late 2009 when I first started metal detecting

well it was a box that was buried in the back corner of the crawl space, the house had a crawl space under it that when you were inside you could literally stand up and swing a detector, the crawl space had a 9-10 ft ceiling in it and was approximately 25 feet long by 10 feet wide inside, you had to crawl through a opening in a block wall that divided the crawl space from the basement the crawl space had a dirt floor in it the bacement had a concrete floor, in the very back corner of the crawl space I found this box that had over 700 coins inside some I have yet to be able to identify but the ones I remember the most was 12- 2.5 dollar 1800s gold pieces had one of them 12 appraised and the value was 18-20k just for one I have yet to ever top that one find and most likely never will that was back in late 2009 when I first started metal detecting
WoW
Love to see that find. A Dream Find.

WoW
Love to see that find. A Dream Find.
I have had people tell me if they do not see it then it did not happen they can think what ever they want, I will tell you when I talk, read or here someone say they talked to someone that had a relative that buried a stash back when I just look at them and smile because I know it has been done in the past, I do not share with others as to what I have found simply because it is no ones business but mine, you can ask any one that knows me and they will tell you I am pretty private in what I do or what I find, its just like the clad and other coins I find when I detect, I throw it all in five gallon buckets which I have had people tell me that is crazy, but the way I look at it, its a savings account rite now I am working on filling my 7th five gallon bucket, everyone of them have pennies, nickels,dimes ,quarters ,halves and dollar coins, I will count it one of these days when I think its time, I will tell you I cannot pick one up vary easy any longer but that is what dollies are for LOL, I don't even clean the coins when I find them LOL, I just toss them in which ever five gallon bucket I am working on

I have had people tell me if they do not see it then it did not happen they can think what ever they want, I will tell you when I talk, read or here someone say they talked to someone that had a relative that buried a stash back when I just look at them and smile because I know it has been done in the past, I do not share with others as to what I have found simply because it is no ones business but mine, you can ask any one that knows me and they will tell you I am pretty private in what I do or what I find, its just like the clad and other coins I find when I detect, I throw it all in five gallon buckets which I have had people tell me that is crazy, but the way I look at it, its a savings account rite now I am working on filling my 7th five gallon bucket, everyone of them have pennies, nickels,dimes ,quarters ,halves and dollar coins, I will count it one of these days when I think its time, I will tell you I cannot pick one up vary easy any longer but that is what dollies are for LOL, I don't even clean the coins when I find them LOL, I just toss them in which ever five gallon bucket I am working on
Yup
Understand that.