Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Might be an odd question.............

Ivan

........but I'll ask anyway. Just recently got a new Fisher CZ3D.............am enjoying it. I know it's a 5KHZ/15KHZ dual frequency unit............... but which frequency is it in.......... when being used in the Autotune search mode?? A friend of mine who owns a DFX claims that it's in the 5KHZ side. He doubts that both frequencies are operating in the Autotune mode. I don't know if what's true on a dual freq DFX would carry over into the Fisher design....................anyone have a good answer for this? Thanx.

Always runs in 2 freq, thats why it can hit nickles in hi tone on an analog machine and still be very deep, also this machines does not loose depth when discriminate but everyone likes to run them in 0 discrimination because it will give more info on the target like when you hit a rusty nail youll get a hi tone when leaving the target after the iron sound if you discriminate the iron you will dig it up thinking its silver because you didnt had enough info , forgive my english its my second language, i hope i wrote every thing right, also you can always call fisher labs look for daniel snell he knows this machines inside out

Also run autotune in sens 9
Max depth in discrimination is around 5 sens after that it only gets wider for what i read

"That's interesting................you can go to sens at " 9 " in autotune?? How did you come up with that.....through good old fashioned experience or other means?

Thats whats recomended to run it, try it :)

you can go to sens at " 9 " in autotune??

In autotune, set sensitivity to where you can hear a slight hum. I mostly run with the volume set high to take advantage of the boost on the deep targets. With the volume up, both my CZ6A and CZ20 need the sensitivity at about 9 to hear the threshold hum when in autotune. Set it where ever it takes to get that little bit of hum.

To check a target, I just flip to discrimination 0. I find I can not hunt in discrimination 0 with the sensitivity that high since I get false signals, but in autotune, it works well. When in autotune and I have a target, flipping to discrimination 0 does not need the sensitivity turned down if I'm going to go back to hunting in autotune.

Well today I went out to a lake and did as you said. Two targets stood out....loud...clear signals in Autotune...flipped to " 0 " disc.......surprised...no sound they were not there!!! Went back to previous mode ...and then dug them up. Two extremely deep quarters. The Autotune mode is very "pulse " like. If you don't have a deep scoop and if you like to rush your hunting...this is not the mode for you. Boy is it deep! And I cheated a bit...went no hum...silent!

yup they are really deep

tvr said:
you can go to sens at " 9 " in autotune??

In autotune, set sensitivity to where you can hear a slight hum.

Not sure how you are doing this. My CZ5 or CZ6A neither make a sound in Auto Tune unless metal is near and coil is moving, no matter the volume or SENS setting. This sounds like you are describing a minimum thresh-hold situation that I can do with my White's machines but not the CZ's. When I am not over a target I get absolutely no sound what-so-ever in Auto Tune.

Should be able to get a threshold. My CZ's work as per the manual. Here are the words pasted directly from the manual that is online in .pdf format at the Fisher web page:

"1.
Set your controls as follows:
GROUND = 10
DISC = 0 for normal use in target ID mode. (Set DISC to
“Auto tune” for deep search, all-metal Auto
tune mode.
SENSITIVITY = 10
MODE = NORMAL (Unless you’re on a wet ocean
beach, in which case set the MODE switch
to SALT.)
VOLUME = OFF
Hold the search coil waist high, away from any nearby
metal.
Turn the VOLUME control to 10. A brief bell tone is
normal when you turn the VOLUME control on.
If you’re in the Auto tune Mode, you’ll hear an audio
“threshold” hum. Lower the SENSITIVITY control until
you can just barely hear it."

tvr said:
Should be able to get a threshold.

]

But CZ's don't have Threshold settings, just sensitivity and Ground Balance. Your procedure will not work on my CZ5 or 6A. When I get to step 3 of your instruction (Fisher's?) nothing happens what-so-ever, no hum at all. You aren't telling us how to GB a CZ7A are you? My book shows a different way altogether to GB.

Every CZ I ever had ( and still have 4), will make the audible hum when in Autotune with volume and sensitivity at 10 (no matter where the GB is set).

Wonder if something is out of whack with your CZ or if the headphones you are using aren't able to output that sound (a delimiter on the headphones or separate volume knob that is turned low ? ).

Just trying to troubleshoot for you.

The manual for the CZ5 is here: CZ5 Manual

Set up is the same for the CZ6A and CZ20 that I have. I've also had a CZ5 and another CZ6A and, like therover says, they all have a hum (I called it a threshold) when set up with volume and sensitivity set high.

Not sure what else to think if your headphones are good and the detectors are sounding off well on targets.

With everything cranked up in all metals mode there should be a background hum. When you crank down the sensitivity the background hum should disappear.