Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Might be getting an AT-Pro

dahut

Its a trade for my Tiger Shark.
Detector, both land and water headphones along with the arm cuff adapter.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Yeah, we knew it was only a matter of time :)

After about 12 hours on the thing, the balance issue really isn't an issue anymore. The DD pinpointing is still a pain in the ass, and the thing still tips over to the side if I breath too heavily while digging. I'm slowly getting used to the multi-tone audio that I've never used before and I'm constantly pulling coins at 6-8 inches in local parks that have been re-sodded multiple times over the years. These coins aren't old, just deep. The only thing I've gotten above about 8 inches are keys for some reason, and beer cans that somehow got really deep. How does an aluminum can get a foot down in the ground?!?

I wish the thing had an LED backlight for night hunting.

I think you'll like the box.

I'm gonna take mine back to the hidden beach again and see if I can sneak in for some more ring hunting tomorrow. May try to bribe the caretaker with money, booze or something else... I dunno..

- Muddyshoes.

Muddyshoes said:
Yeah, we knew it was only a matter of time :)

After about 12 hours on the thing, the balance issue really isn't an issue anymore. The DD pinpointing is still a pain in the ass, and the thing still tips over to the side if I breath too heavily while digging. I'm slowly getting used to the multi-tone audio that I've never used before and I'm constantly pulling coins at 6-8 inches in local parks that have been re-sodded multiple times over the years. These coins aren't old, just deep. The only thing I've gotten above about 8 inches are keys for some reason, and beer cans that somehow got really deep. How does an aluminum can get a foot down in the ground?!?

I wish the thing had an LED backlight for night hunting.

I think you'll like the box.

I'm gonna take mine back to the hidden beach again and see if I can sneak in for some more ring hunting tomorrow. May try to bribe the caretaker with money, booze or something else... I dunno..

- Muddyshoes.
Ive used off balanced coils before. It is a pain but you adapt.
Multi tone audio is my thing. I like it.

AS for the depth issue, there is a consistent belief that age means deep. That generally applies in area's that are undisturbed, but is not universal. Well tell ourselves it must be so, but there is no guarantee.I've found very old coins at shallow depths... shallower than logic alone would dictate.
Certainly, in the urban landscape, all bets are off in this regard. Almost anything can be anywhere.

Muddyshoes, I have a plan for you to gain access to the hidden beach! Get the Garrett Girls to go with you:thumbup: The caretaker won't pay any attention to you.:detecting: C-Dog

I was able to hit the beach again today. Only about a dollar in clad that was it. I was having a bad day there. Speeboats kept creating wakes that prevented me from seeing the coil. Waves kept knocking me off balance and when you try to focus on a static object underwater, the waves can disorient you and I almost fell down a couple times, and dropped the detector for a full dunk, twice. Glad it was the AT Pro.

Anyway, because of the constant boat traffic, anything there from the swimming beach days is way deep. I'd love to see what one of you experienced water hunters could do there.

Oh, the other thing is, trying to pinpoint underwater with the DD coil is tough, and in waist deep water, nearly impossible as a beginning water hunter. By the time the boaters left I was cursing like a sailor.

Oh one more thing.. water moccasins will chase your ass...

Yeah... I've had better days for sure... :)

- Muddyshoes

Muddyshoes said:
I was able to hit the beach again today. Only about a dollar in clad that was it. I was having a bad day there. Speeboats kept creating wakes that prevented me from seeing the coil. Waves kept knocking me off balance and when you try to focus on a static object underwater, the waves can disorient you and I almost fell down a couple times, and dropped the detector for a full dunk, twice. Glad it was the AT Pro.

Anyway, because of the constant boat traffic, anything there from the swimming beach days is way deep. I'd love to see what one of you experienced water hunters could do there.

Oh, the other thing is, trying to pinpoint underwater with the DD coil is tough, and in waist deep water, nearly impossible as a beginning water hunter. By the time the boaters left I was cursing like a sailor.

Oh one more thing.. water moccasins will chase your ass...

Yeah... I've had better days for sure... :)

- Muddyshoes
A great dose of reality there, 'Shoes.
Waves from boats can be a pain. It gets worse on a large lake, too, as they have lots of time to grow before swamping you. They literally lift you off the bottom and you have to start over.
As for water moccasins, well... you're kinda at their mercy once in the water, eh? That has to make you feel helpless. I know it does in a boat, when they decide to try and crawl in with you. Nowhere to go but into the water, with the same highly venomous snake that is trying to climb over the gunwale.