Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Might be wrong but having used both the CF77 and Cores

woodchiphustler

The choppy target audio and its response to deep iron I feel the Racer was founded on the CF77 software. The Cores did not respond to my hearing the way the Racer does. Reminds me off an early T2 or original F75. Just a thought having used all three at the same location.

Shes a hot tamale Button digger...

Makro pulled out all stops trying to get the gain up on this unit...

I like it like this...

But what's also funny is iron iron using the small coil against the small coil on the CoRe I prefer the audio response of the Racer over the CoRe...it feels more how should I say bam!!!!!... heres a piece of non ferrous dig me up.....the Core is softer on those intermingled targets in iron and dont slap you in the face like the Racer does..

I enjoy it...

leave gain on 70 in two tone if you like SOME modulation.. if you crank it up to 99 it really saturates....

Its a powerful unit it needs to be treated as such..

Keith

Had pretty good luck by increasing iD to 28 and running gain at 80.

Keith Southern said:
Shes a hot tamale Button digger...

Makro pulled out all stops trying to get the gain up on this unit...

I like it like this...

But what's also funny is iron iron using the small coil against the small coil on the CoRe I prefer the audio response of the Racer over the CoRe...it feels more how should I say bam!!!!!... heres a piece of non ferrous dig me up.....the Core is softer on those intermingled targets in iron and dont slap you in the face like the Racer does..

I enjoy it...

leave gain on 70 in two tone if you like SOME modulation.. if you crank it up to 99 it really saturates....

Its a powerful unit it needs to be treated as such..

Keith
Does the 70 gain also go for the 3 tone if you like Modulation?

Harold said:
Does the 70 gain also go for the 3 tone if you like Modulation?
Harold.ILL, If you like a lot of modulated audio you can even reduce the gain to where you still get desirable depth and target response and you'll notice a more modulated audio response. As the gain is increased you will reduce the modulated effects while saturating a greater portion of the processed response [size=small](as well as increase the depth)[/size]. At the default '70' Gain you have what I would call a nice blend of ample depth and sensitivity and strong audio response combined with a functional modulated audio for the mid-depth to deeper targets.

A lot depends, too, on the individual's hearing ability and the headphones they are using, but increasing the gain beyond '70' will saturate a lot more increasingly. I can hear the modulated/saturated audio differences in the 2-Tone and Beach VCO responses a little better than the 3-Tone mode but, yes, you will hear some subtle changes in 3-Tone mode. Unless I am at a site with EMI, however, I usually run both 2-Tone and 3-Tone with a Gain of '85' so I don't notice as much modulated audio as I could with a reduced Gain.

One nice thing about the Gain/Sensitivity range on the Racer, or it's cousin the Nokta FORS Coin & Relic, is that the operator has a lot of variable adjustment to get results that suit them

Monte