Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Might have found gold

flash5153

Found this today,,there is no mark on it,,but it looks good. I'm thinking(hoping ) the mark has been worn off.

I believe it to be white gold,,and may test it tomorrow. Reads as a nickle and non magnetic,,no fading in the links. It's 24" long and weights enough to be gold. But I have had no luck with this in the past,,usually nitro!!!!

And found a BB ring!!

Check the clips on the ends of the chain with a strong magnifying loop. That's where the stamp is. All commercially made jewellery made out of gold, silver and platinum must be stamped if sold in North America. Good luck....I hope it's a nice high K gold. :)

John-Edmonton said:
Check the clips on the ends of the chain with a strong magnifying loop. That's where the stamp is. All commercially made jewellery made out of gold, silver and platinum must be stamped if sold in North America. Good luck....I hope it's a nice high K gold. :)

I have a very strong loop,,,I have looked in them places very hard. There is NO mark anywhere. But it is worn pretty smooth also,,so it is possible it has been worn off.
I also noticed in pictures of new necklaces similar to this one,,,the mark was etched in very small and shallow on them tabs. Seems it would not take much to wear it off. Or at least I am hoping in my case. lol

[size=large]possibly stainless? looks to be a wanna be gangsta decoration.

HH[/size]

It does look like gold and if as you say it reads as a nickle that's a strong indication to me.
You could take it to a pawn shop; those crooks will know. They don't miss a beat! If you get
enough of it sell it to Midwest ...Dang I can't remember the name now but they give you
almost 90% of it's value. With gold being as high as it is now....THAT'S A LOT OF CASH on
the table.
Salida