Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mike Hillis Golden notch map.

Whimpster

Mike.... I'm wondering what the penciled in settings are on the notch width dial on your Golden notch map...could you explain in more detail just what the setting are for?

Also I see you have the notch width dial marked 5,4,3...not sure what that means...you gave a description on the B setting...

Your quote....."You see the 'B' (kinda looks like a '8'). The line to the right of that looking face on is where the nickel sounded good. The B stands for a broken nickle signal and that area is where the nickle starts to break up. If I'm skipping tabs and digging nickels, I'll set my notch to narrow and the width to 11:00. That will give me a smooth cut for nickels. Sometimes they will break if the ground is worse than normal. I also use the notch switch for broken, cut short signals to help me id which side of the notch they are coming from. If I'm hunting in Narrow but can't tell by the tone (the tone starts to break into the 2nd middle tone around this area) if the target is breakin on the low side of the notch or the high side, I flip it over to Wide to see if it goes silent. Silent would mean a high side signal and if the signal is still there, its a low side".

Thanks Bob.

Hi Bob,

If you look on the left you see where I outlined 5 different tabs. Each of those tabs have a number, 1 through 5. Tab number 1 is the single piece round tab. Tab number 3 is the two piece round tab.

I mapped the tabs to the notch width dial. The 1 corrosponds to the tab numbered 1. The 5 corrasponds to the tab numbered 5 and so on.

The tabs outlined to the right are automatically notched out when the Notch width is switched to Narrow.

You should take your tab collection and map them specifically to your unit as there are slight differences between them.

Good luck,
HH
Mike

Mike....guess I should have figured that out lol...very clear once it's explained:)
Also noticed there is a couple more marking to the far CCW position on the notch width dial....can't read the penciled in section?
looks like it said... 5 cent pops and not sure what the last one read....
Appreciate the response...I'll take your advice and map my tab collection to correspond with my machine.

Thanks again...Bob.

Mike Hillis said:
Hi Bob,

If you look on the left you see where I outlined 5 different tabs. Each of those tabs have a number, 1 through 5. Tab number 1 is the single piece round tab. Tab number 3 is the two piece round tab.

I mapped the tabs to the notch width dial. The 1 corrosponds to the tab numbered 1. The 5 corrasponds to the tab numbered 5 and so on.

The tabs outlined to the right are automatically notched out when the Notch width is switched to Narrow.

You should take your tab collection and map them specifically to your unit as there are slight differences between them.

Good luck,
HH
Mike

The New Toned models are a little Hotter especially with Disc. set at 0. And the Brown Donut 8" Coil gets a little more depth also. But My other 2 Detectors are deep so as long as Depth is respectable I am good.

Mike,

Thanks for sharing your Golden μMax tab map, it's very helpful as I'm looking to get my Golden set up. This feels along the lines of the various meters for the sovereigns and the little charts guys would make up.

Looks like there are a few of us 'golden' rookies learning the ropes. Best of luck out there.

Rich

I modified a Compadre to work like a Golden uMax. Added 3 trimpots and two toggles. It does not have tones, but it separates the goodies from the trash like a champ. Have pictures under the classifieds listed as Tesoro Compadre 3D with Zinc Accept / Reject Mode.

Saw that on Classifieds. That's a Pretty cool set-up.
I got My Golden today. Weather still bad, But did a Little air testing and pretty impressed. With Sens. In Red before it chatters and min. Disc. It was Hitting a Dime at 9".
It was clipped but repeatable and a High tone as didn't drop a Tone like I have heard. Maybe 8" Coil does help with Depth? My ground is Mild so will see when warms up a Little. It also has nice Modulated Audio.