Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mike moutry settings

minelabking

Can any body point me to the mike moutry setting. I have a ctx3030 and deus. Just want to play around with the explore 2 for a bit. Thanks

From what I recall he said he ran manual sens as high as he could and still tell a good hit from the noise and both Fast and Deep ON. Yes,he has BOTH ON. From what I understand,turning Fast ON actually turns a layer of filtering OFF,I'm assuming this layer of filtering is for strong to medium signals. Turning Deep ON does just that,turns ON a layer of filtering for the weaker targets,analyzing them more than usual to get a better ID. Those are the only settings I recall correctly for sure.

In some ground depending on mineralization even if you can run with sensitivity all the way up with no noise...you may detect deeper by turning the sense down 3 to 4 notches below where the noise is quiet!!! DEEP ON setting has nothing to do with any filtering. DEEP ON amplifies the deeper targets increasing their volume...makes them sound as loud as some shallow targets. DEEP ON does not amplify most targets 4 inches and shallower. Mike gave all these settings 15 years ago and has never tweak them at all! His settings are not bible and only for for the exact type of ground he was detecting way back when. His settings and everyone Else's work for those people in the ground they hunt. You have to get out and hunt more than twice a month to ever get to know this machine. If you are just copying others settings and hunting you will never have a true relationship with this machine and know what it is trying to tell you. ALWAYS keep making adjustments and trying new settings to see difference in its ability and not relying on here say. GL and HH ;)