Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mike moutry settings

minelabking

Good evening would someone be kind enough to point me the the right directions for the mike moutry settings. I have a ctx3030 and deus. Want to play around a bit with my explore 2

Settings for the EXP II -

Options - response - Normal
Audio - sounds - Conductive
Audio - Tones/Threshold - TH Volume - Barely audible
Audio - Tones/Threshold - VARIABILITY - 8
Audio - Tones/Threshold - LIMITS - 10
Audio - Volume - Max Limit - 10
Audio - Volume - Gain - 6
OPTIONS - Recovery - DEEP - ON
OPTIONS - Recovery - FAST - ON
Sensitivity - Manual - it depends on the area -
DISCRIMINATION - IRON MASK - -10 to -12

If hunting in trash free ground then turn off FAST

Enjoy

Hey your welcome, we need to help each other. This is a crazy hobby and we need to enjoy it more.

I totally agree Mr. Tony. I have been detecting alot of years and I help others with detecting related issues whenever I can.

EXPLORER XS and EXPLORER 2 Settings. Once you spend a day or two HUNTING FERROUS AND DOUBLING YOUR FINDS ..you will never go back to hunting in CONDUCTIVE!

My favorite start program at each hunt... tweeking it as I go!

I have an Exp.XS and Exp2 since 2002.
If your not a pro on this machine hunt if in Ferrous. You will get low avoidable tones for Iron and High tones for Keepers including nickels and gold!
Start first with a clear screen and ONLY ELIMINATE NAILS and CROWN CAPS. Do NOT eliminate foil. Now hit DETECT. Now save this program.
Now bring the program back up in detect mode. {Now we will make advanced changes and save again copying over the one you just saved}. Now in detect mode with this program Push the MENU button.
Settings for the EXP II or ExplorerXS

Options - response - Normal or Audio1
Audio - sounds - Ferrous
Audio - Tones/Threshold - TH Volume - Barely audible or silent.. your preference.
Audio - Tones/Threshold - VARIABILITY - 10
Audio - Tones/Threshold - LIMITS - 10
Audio - Volume - Max Limit - 8 to 10 ..I like 10.
Audio - Volume - Gain - 8 to 10 ,,, 10 if your ears can take it
OPTIONS - Recovery - DEEP - ON but if items are only 3 to 4 inches deep turn it OFF, Deep amplifies the signal of deeper targets making them seem a few inches down. It does not affect shallow targets. DEEP does not mean it detects deeper!
OPTIONS - Recovery - FAST - OFF
Sensitivity - Manual - it depends on the area - Start out with Sensitivity all the way up. (Just so when you save this program it will always statrt in highest sense) Then when hunting adjust accordingly.. Note: A safe sensitivity for general detecting is !8 to 28.
DISCRIMINATION - Nails and Crown Caps only.
Hunt using the Numbers screen! ...it has a faster response time than the box screen!
Now go to the screen that has the save icon on the right side. ( the box that has the lid going up and down ..click that. and save in one of the 6 save boxes. Put in one and remember which one you put it in. If by chance you have a saved program in all 6 already by push one of those will replace your old one with the new one. Now push the DETECT button. You can make advanced changes as you hunt and this will not make changes to the original saved program unless you go again to the screen where you pushed the save box and again add it to one of your saved programs.

Now you are ready to hunt! Put your coil flat on the ground in a clean spot where there is no signals..iron or good targets... if you cant find clean ground dig out ALL pieces of iron in a 1 /1/2 dia piece of the trashy ground. Now again place your coil flat in the middle and hold it very still and push the NOISE CANCEL...wait until its song ends..start hunting!

Hunt SLOW with an Explorer! A sweep from one side to another should be no faster than a count of "One thousand One, One thousand 2" and even slower if you like it slower... You cant go too slow with an Explorer. also keep your coil horiz. to the ground and scratching the ground surface when swinging.

The great thing about hunting in Ferrous (which I always do now.. I never hunt in conductive anymore) is you will hear all the iron in the ground BUT it will be low tones which you know not to dig and if there is a coin mixed in with the low tones you will hear a loud or faint high tone mixed in. This is great in trashy areas! If you only get a high tone every 3 sweeps or so thru a lot of iron trast dig where you thought you heard a high tone. Most likely there is a good target masked by the iron!

Note: If your hunting in water or salt water..NOISE CANCEL with your coil flat on the bottom under the water! If your hunting wet sand of the beach... bury your coil under the sand before NOISE CANCELING.. OR manual noise cancel it. You may want to use AUTO SENSITIVITY in highly mineralized salt water beaches if chatter wont stop.
Note: In any program you hunt in Set up or IRON MAST screen to -10 to -16 so you think you hear a good signal and don't want to hear all the low tone iron in a trashy area.

This works for me but to each his own! Have fun and Happy Hunting! John