Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mike, Virginia Beach

beachguy777

Mike, I'm embarrassed to say this, but I'm so paronoid you might not have gotten my return response to your letter, I thought I'd just shoot you this quick email. If you did, I apologize beccause you probably got 3 or 4 messages that were at least an hour long apiece, Just kidding, but I just wanted to say this because I'm so shakey on how to use that private message thing. Hope you got em, and thanks again for the positve response. Beach guy.:)

No worries man...I got 'em all. :) I responded to you.

Happy hunting!

Thanks again Mike and have a great time with that big wave thing. I'm starting to get excited about the bigger surf here during the winter. We usually get pretty small or average surf during the summer, but the winter can get pretty hairy and the tides can go wild so it ought to be interesting.:geek:

Mike, you rascle you, I thought I'd looked at all the earlier forum messages, but I sure missed that one. I wouldn't have tried to steal your thunder there, but isn't that a great site. I just found out about it from a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. What I'm tickeled with is that you were able to capture one of the images and put it on the forum. That's pretty slick, you computer whiz you.:wiggle: Yea, Mike, I guess we'll just have to start a club and call it the geneous club, only you better be the president. I'm not even sure if I spelled geneous right.:)

Well since you mentioned spelling and whether or not geneous was spelled right, here's another VERY worthy download called "IE Spell Checker". It's an add-on for Internet Explorer. When you get it loaded then you can right-click in your post text and check the spelling, as I show below. I use it.

You can download it here: http://www.iespell.com/

After you key in text, just click "Preview". Slide the cursor over the misspelled words (underlined in RED) and get suggestions of correct spelling.....

Perhaps the down-loadable feature makes it easier? I will have to give it a try!

True, good point. But I already had this before the forums got the spell check capability and I guess I prefer it. Or at least am more used to it. But you are absolutely right and I didn't even think of that.

Thanks Mike, that is embarrassing, isn't it?:) I'll try it out. Hey, Mike are you going to that big hullabalu that's going on where that guy has cabins for rent at the top of the forum. Sounds like fun, if I only had more time and money.:D

Thank you both, I need to try them both. I admit I just get lazy on trying to correct the spelling, but sometimes it's rediculous, I admit. Hey!!!, how about a good grammar checker. "I'll bet they "ain't" got one of them there thingy's". Ha, ha, ha. The laughs on me, of course.:D

Mike, I just "checked out the ispell check". I downloaded it and it seems to work good. Before I downloaded it, I tried to right click on the underlined words and I wasn't getting anything, but now it gives me 4 or 5 different choices and I can usually find the right spelling. My problem is I purposefully kind of make up words and use bad grammar, just for style, like puttin' instead of putting. That kind of thing, but maybe I'm not quite doing it right yet on the spell check because your example you gave me looked more thorough, but it seems to work pretty good:) Thanks a lot.

Yes, it does make it much easier, because you can correct the misspelling without having to re-type it. The forum doesn't have a TRUE spell checker because it tells you what might be spelled wrong (and not all that accurately either) and then you have to manually fix it. If you try the one I linked to I believe you will find it far superior. No need to do a "Preview" first either...just right-click in the text area and choose "Check spelling" and it's there.