Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Military Dog tag

GeorgeinSC

At the beach yesterday I found a military dog tag. Does not have branch of service on it. I though that an eon or two ago that mine had USN on them

Any idea how I might be able to track down the individual and return his dog tag?

Military ID tags have the name, blood type, religious preference, branch of service and ID # on them. The ID # is the social security number. Should be real easy to identify the individual.

http://www.ww2tags.org/ This lady found the daughter of the owner of a WW-II dog tag that I found. She is awesome and it is a free service.

May have been with ashes from a burial at sea??? Be nice to get them back or put them backnin the ocean.

The social security number was put on in the late 60's,before that the number was your service number.