Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

military model of atx

doc holiday232

Does anyone have any info on the military model of the atx? The owner of the Ford dealership here claims he has one that he bought from the surplus military sales for 2400.00 This was Directly from the military--not the Army/Navy store.

Maybe a Recon?

Hope it wasn't a Recon the that amount.

Paul

Amazon.com two left $2100.75

doc holiday232 said:
Does anyone have any info on the military model of the atx? The owner of the Ford dealership here claims he has one that he bought from the surplus military sales for 2400.00 This was Directly from the military--not the Army/Navy store.
Did you do a google search? Sounds like your friend bought a garrett recon amd-1000 machine and paid too much. Can buy one for around $700 used. It's not better than the ATX for nugget or jewelry hunting nor is it the same machine.

I have a Recon and I like it. I think it does a good job. The only difference is that there is no discrimination settings but that's OK I dig everything anyhow.I got mine from Craigslist for $450 with backpack and battery charger and all accessories.

I'm looking at buying one to hunt gold nuggets in 10,000 foot plus mountains. Anybody doing this? I have read about a guy doing very well finding rings underwater near beaches. I heard the recon has problem in trashy areas.

The Recon is an all metal detector so you can expect to be doing alot more digging than you would with a discriminating detector but you will have more sensetivity with a Recon AML.I have picked up gold at 12" in sand so I think if you find one for around $300-$450 you have found a very basic ATX.if you look at the base of the handle grip you'll find the date of manufacture and that should help you negotiate a better price.

The recon is more like the infinium. Doesn't get deeper than the ATX and less sensitive to small targets.
The new ATX will be even deeper with its upgraded stock coil.

I have a Recon and still trying to figure it out. Seems like a good machine. Wanted it so on rainy days I could still dig and not have to wrap up my GPX. lol

My relic career,40+ years, has primarily been the pursuit of cannon projectiles,smooth bore and rifled so an all metal nondiscrim detector that is HOT on iron is what I want.Sounds like the Recon may be getting there.

doc holiday232 said:
My relic career,40+ years, has primarily been the pursuit of cannon projectiles,smooth bore and rifled so an all metal nondiscrim detector that is HOT on iron is what I want.Sounds like the Recon may be getting there.

If you don't care about the extra depth and the ability to handle salt water you get with a ATX then get a recon.