Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Military related?

Ronstar

Found this morning in an area we have been recovering military coat buttons, rifle cases (early 1900s) and older coins. Could this be some type of a military dress item! Non magnetic but not real sure of metal type (not turning green but has dark patina under the rusty color). It was folded over into itself and I have gently unfolded to this point.

Attachments

• 19D7B84D-0AAC-4775-AEAE-35241DA30654.jpeg
    19D7B84D-0AAC-4775-AEAE-35241DA30654.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
  • 33279ED6-39D9-4C93-A78A-48F26F740954.jpeg
    33279ED6-39D9-4C93-A78A-48F26F740954.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
I'm guessing...a reinforcement bracket. To/for what, I have no idea. Sorry!

I think you might be right!!! If I can imagine the wings curling around to fit a finger then the pick makes perfect sense. I have a dowel in the shop so might try “fixing” it and see!!!! Thanks!

In the photo you posted, you can read "Dunlop pat pend" and then a serial number. It looks very blurry, but it looks. That's why I put the second link, so that it was clearer.
Greetings.
Ps: I don't see the whole number, but it is similar.