Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab battery cover screw

Anybody else find that itty bitty battery cover screw to be a P.I.A. ????
I'm thinking of a replacement screw that won't require a screw driver.
Is there one already available ??
I'd make one, but don't want to re-invent the wheel as they say.
Any ideas ???
Thanks for your time.

[size=large]like wm says. remove one ad leave the other. then just flip the cover around when needed.

HH[/size]

DirtyDeedsDugDirtDeep said:
Anybody else find that itty bitty battery cover screw to be a P.I.A. ????
I'm thinking of a replacement screw that won't require a screw driver.
Is there one already available ??
I'd make one, but don't want to re-invent the wheel as they say.
Any ideas ???
Thanks for your time.
You dont need any screw driver to remove battery, its made to hold rubber cap-thats all. :ban:

Hi guys,
Thanks for the input.
The reason I asked about it was that the P.O. (previous owner) suggested taking it off when switching batteries because it is rubber/soft plastic and repeated opening and closing can eventually tear the corner off.
I have not used it enough yet to burn through any batteries , so I didn't know what the deal was.
The manual just says to pull it out of the way or whatever.
If it will take a month of Sundays to wear out the cap, then yeah, leave the screw alone and just move it out of the way.
Thanks again for the feedback.
With a little luck I'll be hitting the detecting trail in earnest the weekend !!