Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab coil shortage?

akille68

Just take a look at Epay....2000 bucks for a 15x12 commander coil...
Something wrong has happened to Minelab producing capacities, I guess...

One word, Sudan.

I know about Sudan, but it cannot justify those prices. I think that if a normal mono coil reaches that price it means that Minelab official dealers are not able to satisfy all this new customers. Now, if GPX 4500 shortage can be considered normal (it is an high tech product), this shortage cannot be justified on a piece of plastic with wrapped wire around as mono or dd coils are.
I think that, in a shortwhile, this situation will extend to other products and brands related to nugget hunting.
This is the right time to play (buy) and speculate with it. ;)
Take r,
Ale

Back in January, two Sudanese gents (both permanent Aust residents) offered me $7500 for my beat up 4500.
They were armed with wads and wads of US dollars supplied to them by US and Canadian companies that are recruiting Sudanese residents in Europe, USA, Aust and Canada to buy every 4500 they can get thier hands on and ship them back to family contacts in Sudan. They get a commission on every 4500 they buy.

The price for 4500s on Ebay seems to have dropped off with many passing in under $6000 but now it's big coils especially anything Minelab Commander. Recently though large Coilteks have made thier wanted list and I saw an 18" mono with a buy it now of $2000.
Shortly they will no doubt discover Nugget finders and the same will happen again.

I don't think anything has happened to Minelabs producing capacity, I'd imagine it's busness as usual, just there happened to be a sudden increase in demand thanks to Sudan. Don't forget that a lot of the coils are also being bought on mass by some Aussies who are on selling them to the Sudanese at huge profits. I think when the boom dies (and it will) I'd imagine a few of these blokes are going to be stuck with a lot of coils they can't unload or will but at a loss.

Recently saw one Ebayer with 3 BNIB 4500's and they all passed in below retail