Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox 800 revealed/exclusive depth check - YouTube

Well not much to go on but you can see him scroll through all the frequencies. I missed the multi freq setting though ...... I wish they would just say what the multi is and how it differs from FBS/BBS. Air tests and open ground depth checks are worthless. Time to get all the details!! Looks like a nice machine!! Will have to see the real world test and all the details. Just curious how to activate multi mode. Conflicting reports out there. Which is to be expected on new releases.

They did show an air test on a gold ring and the machine picked it up no problem, i was happy to see that test even though it was in air.
Also they said more videos will be put out on dirt tests, so will see what they give us.
I wonder if you can change the tones? Instead of just getting a beep?
They also said the software is upgradable and that is good if the initial release needs adjustments. I am not certain about future releases because of the CTX folks waiting so long.

Was the air test depth good?

I know a lot of people make the claim "you can't tell anything for air tests" but to them I say learn to do it correctly and you'll be singing a different tune.

An example is the FBS's which generally don't do well in air test as far as depth. Of course people say they go plenty deep in the ground which they think makes the air test worthless. No, the FBS doing poorly in air test is just showing the indication they also don't do well in freshly plowed fields. Which they don't. They are killer on good packed ground but poor in the air or in fluffy ground.

You could hear the chatter thou they had that detector maxed out I am guessing.
But still a decent air test.

BigTony said:
They did show an air test on a gold ring and the machine picked it up no problem, i was happy to see that test even though it was in air.
Also they said more videos will be put out on dirt tests, so will see what they give us.
I wonder if you can change the tones? Instead of just getting a beep?
They also said the software is upgradable and that is good if the initial release needs adjustments. I am not certain about future releases because of the CTX folks waiting so long.

It would sure help if these testers would learn to speak English without such a horrible accent.:)
In an earlier video someone mention there are options for 1,2,3,4 or 25 tones plus adjustable tone breaks.
Not as many tones for description as the etrac/CTX but a good number of options nonetheless.
I'm still curious about the range of the VDI. I have seen some negative numbers on the screens but ,,,, how high?

The encouraging part of the video was the guy talking about how it has very stable ID at depth.

Bryan

I realy didn't see anything but air test, even in the hole it was not cover up. Like you I would like to see some real hunts that get dug out.