Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox series compared to the Minelab BBS machines

JASONSPAZ1

Obviously recovery speed is on the Equinox side. But what about raw depth especially on salt wet sand.
Also by tones I can easily I’d aluminum and bottle caps with my Sovereign GT. The BBS machines run on approximately 17 frequencies simultaneously.
Not looking to get a mine vs your debate. Just wondering if an equinox out depth a Sovereign in the wet sand. Also my GT is my go to machine in minimum iron wide open fields. It loves large cents and deep silver.
Thanks in advance.
HH
Jason

I also an a GT user. I use the GT on the dirt and the Excal on the beach and in the water. I have not seen any postings comparing either of them against the NOX. So until such time as I am convinced that the NOX will out perform my machines I will continue to use them.

A friend of mine uses an old minelab sovereign ( about 20 years old....) and so I could compare my equinox 600 to his old machine in the Beach , wet and dry Sand. Believe me: keep your old machine that runs quiter and goes deeper than the "fantastic" equinox! You can swing the
Equinox faster, but this is the only advantage....Even compared to my Fisher Gold Bug DP and my friends Whites Mxt the Equinox shows no advantage. These Two machines go deeper than the Equinox, even in the wet Sand. The Equinox is not more than a marketing gag and a toy....I can only laugh about the words "......that obsolets all single frequency machine...." I have sold my Equinox because I need a detector that I can rely on ! Example: my friend found a big silver ring that the equinox was not able to indicate with a clear signal. Ridiculous! Or: The Sensitivity to EMI forces me to often run it at reduced gain whereas the other called machines can work At full gain. And no: my equinox is not damaged! These results could be shown with another equinox.

I dont think that its nearly as good as a Excal, I have 2 Excals an Irish Excal and a Malaysian made one. I find a lot and am comfortable with them and know im not missing anything.

Sultan I am an old phart. So the slow Sovereign GT and the Slow Excal II fit my needs perfectly Both have been very good to me and are still performing

This is just my opinion I have owned and used considerably the GT Exccal 1000, Etrac and now EQ 800 for only a few days.On land the Etrac and EQ 800 have the advantage the Etrac suffers in infested iron and is has better seperation from foil on up you can tell the difference between a copper penny and silver dime plus there is a feature where the Etrac has a threshold pitch change to the last target tone which can alert to deep targets, also the screen target would help indicate iron as long as it was not to littered with iron.The EQ800 is better in iron lighter but has a tendecy to call deep nails good targets which partially due to my lac of experience with with the EQ having used only a few days.In water its hard to beat the the Ex cal still a run for the money or the gt on the beach but how it compares to the EQ here would be left to people who had more experience with both. Im going to hang on to my excal 1000.I sold the Etrac because it was to heavy not because of the lack of performance,,,,,just my thoughts whats your opinion who have used these machines,,,,,CEDAR

This is just my opinion I have owned and used considerably the GT Exccal 1000, Etrac and now EQ 800 for only a few days.On land the Etrac and EQ 800 have the advantage the Etrac suffers in infested iron and is has better seperation from foil on up you can tell the difference between a copper penny and silver dime plus there is a feature where the Etrac has a threshold pitch change to the last target tone which can alert to deep targets, also the screen target would help indicate iron as long as it was not to littered with iron.The EQ800 is better in iron lighter but has a tendecy to call deep nails good targets which partially due to my lac of experience with with the EQ having used only a few days.In water its hard to beat the the Ex cal still a run for the money or the gt on the beach but how it compares to the EQ here would be left to people who had more experience with both. Im going to hang on to my excal 1000.I sold the Etrac because it was to heavy not because of the lack of performance,,,,,just my thoughts whats your opinion who have used these machines,,,,,CEDAR
The sovereign also changed threshold tone to the last target detected but I don't see how that can alert us to a deeper target.

Obviously recovery speed is on the Equinox side. But what about raw depth especially on salt wet sand.
Also by tones I can easily I’d aluminum and bottle caps with my Sovereign GT. The BBS machines run on approximately 17 frequencies simultaneously.
Not looking to get a mine vs your debate. Just wondering if an equinox out depth a Sovereign in the wet sand. Also my GT is my go to machine in minimum iron wide open fields. It loves large cents and deep silver.
Thanks in advance.
HH
Jason

I tried the Equinox and did not like it. I’m a long time Minelab guy, owned dozens of them from the first sovereigns, sword Excals, explorers xs- SE pros, CTX 3030 and loved them all. Last winter I used my old sovereign on the beach and sure it doesn’t recover like the new machines but so smooth and quiet.

let the new guys have them, I’m not impressed, the Nox picked up every little scrap of trash. Sure, it would find thin rings but I need to enjoy what little detecting I rarely get to do.
IMHO, a lightweight explorer that is ergonomic and a waterproof explorer would have been overall unbeatable

Sultan I am an old phart. So the slow Sovereign GT and the Slow Excal II fit my needs perfectly Both have been very good to me and are still performing
That's all that matters in the long run is what metal detector works best for us individually, and is best suited for the type of hunting we do.(y)

Salut j'ai eu l'équinoxe donc je peux donner mon avis le nox n'est pas plus efficace que le souverain il a juste plus d'avantage pour lui Il est étanche, sans fil (800), plus rapide dans les environnements ferreux et plus léger mais sensible aux emi le problème avec le nox est que nous sommes plus tentés de regarder l'écran pour connaître la carte d'identité que de travailler avec les oreilles comme avec le souverain. Pour la start-up le souverain est beaucoup plus simple on tourne un bouton et c'est parti quand chez nox on allume, noice annule, on met le programme.
Quand je parle de performances égales, je voulais ajouter que mon souverain a un disque ultime de 33 cm
le nox et je pense plus polyvalent que le souverain
pour ceux qui aiment les cristaux liquides et bien allez au nox vous n'y serez pas dessus
et celui qui préfère tourner les boutons et la simplicité va alors chez le souverain pour plus qu'il se porte à la ceinture il sera plus léger que le nox