Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

minelab equinox testers?

C

calabash digger

Does anybody on this forum KNOW anyone who is testing the equinox. I know some who test for first texas,garrett and nokta but no minelab testers? Seems like they are very tight lipped...

Several names have been mentioned on here..... Branden Niece, Steve Herschbach, Neil Jones. I was told there were 5 machines here in the U.S. being used. some lucky people have gotten to try one. Ive not been that lucky lol. Overseas we've seen videos from Russia and the UK testing them. Id expect them to be tight lipped since what they may be using may not be the final product anyway. I believe they have already made at least one software update. Information is what it is right now...... I prefer good reliable information a bit at a time as misinformation based on assumptions that may change in the final product.

And if I do?

calabash digger said:
Does anybody on this forum KNOW anyone who is testing the equinox. I know some who test for first texas,garrett and nokta but no minelab testers? Seems like they are very tight lipped...

Most are tight lipped and rightly so. From what I can infer the 800 is pretty much done except for some final tweaking of the 40 kHz gold prospecting mode.

I will say I'm REALLY liking what I see and hear so far.

Tom

Lots of good equinox info on steve herschbachs forum

Being a foreign made detector I'm not surprised with the testers reviews we're seeing. I have yet to see much, review wise, that says the Equinox will be worth a toot on American soil. Here in America we deal with much different soil conditions than across the pond. I've been disappointed in the lack of gold reviews, and I'm not talking prospecting, but hey, hunting tot lots and schools/parks doesn't seem to be a big thing over there.

I'll try the Equinox at some point, but I'm pretty happy with the Deus's 80 kHz for tot lots and the CTX for the rest.

Southwind said:
Being a foreign made detector I'm not surprised with the testers reviews we're seeing. I have yet to see much, review wise, that says the Equinox will be worth a toot on American soil. Here in America we deal with much different soil conditions than across the pond. I've been disappointed in the lack of gold reviews, and I'm not talking prospecting, but hey, hunting tot lots and schools/parks doesn't seem to be a big thing over there.

I'll try the Equinox at some point, but I'm pretty happy with the Deus's 80 kHz for tot lots and the CTX for the rest.

I would expect them to perform similarly. Most people feel the EQ is a direct competitor to the DEUS, so if you have one, you probably wont gain much (if any) by switching the deus to a eq)

well if you do I was wondering if you had seen it in action or got any tidbits of info.. 5 machines being tested doesn't seem like a whole lot for America... Sometimes if you know testers you can get a little info but don't see any of that with the equinox....

Jason in Enid said:
Southwind said:

I would expect them to perform similarly. Most people feel the EQ is a direct competitor to the DEUS, so if you have one, you probably wont gain much (if any) by switching the deus to a eq)

Competitor except on price& some features. . Even if its almost as good the EQ saves you hundreds. Thats a lot of beer & cigars.

Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
Jason in Enid said:
Southwind said:

Competitor except on price& some features. . Even if its almost as good the EQ saves you hundreds. Thats a lot of beer & cigars.

Tom
LFOD !

yes, very good point. I tend to think in terms of just performance and abilities when talking about this. 90% of the ability of the CTX for 36% of the price is an automatic buy in my book! The weight wavings alone are worth it! (personal opinion, LOL)

calabash digger said:
well if you do I was wondering if you had seen it in action or got any tidbits of info.. 5 machines being tested doesn't seem like a whole lot for America... Sometimes if you know testers you can get a little info but don't see any of that with the equinox....
Five seems good to me in the right hands. The US seems to be the major buyer. Also hot in GB, Russia & E. Europe, and of course Australia.
Testers have to be respected hunters that have to be good MD's & can keep there mouth shut ! I would not be a good tester. I can
keep my pie-hole closed but I am no expert. Just wondering if any are in NE. Been watching the U tubes but havent seen anything unusual.
Most are already in cahoots with other MD makers so may not be any.....

Tom
LFOD!

Im seeing the same thing Jason as a salt water machine with potential in the dry sand we currently dont have in one machine. All things being about equal in the salt water...... at a HUGE savings. There is a video out showing 5 gold rings found water hunting ...... if true, id say it picks up gold pretty well or he found one heck of a spot. Id say many of us know some of the testers or those who have gotten to use the machine...... we dont get much, except that its very much worth the money they are asking no matter where you hunt. You have to compare this machine to the CTX..... i dont think there is any other machine you can compare it to..... now look at the price difference.