Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox vs. The E-TRAC

Big Treble said:
earthlypotluck said:
Minelab's Response:

Multi-IQ uses a different group of fundamental frequencies than BBS/FBS to generate a wide-band multi-frequency transmission signal that is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets. Multi-IQ uses the latest high-speed processors and advanced digital filtering techniques for a much faster recovery speed than BBS/FBS technologies. Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions.

So this quote from Minelab make the silver hunter in me tap on the brakes. Their use of the word slightly I'm thinking is used to marginalize the performance difference between the Nod and the Etrac/Ctx, and I see it as a definite shot across the bow of the Deus

The quote "BBS/FBS still have an advantage" had to be stated or ML would definitely be shooting themselves in the foot - basically stating 2 of their best products are being replaced by a machine at half the price...

The way I view this machine is it was designed to mimic all the features of the ATPro and drastically improve them at the same price.... knock the competitors down a bit........

My brakes are definitely off - the ML quote doesn't scare me off since it's more of a "company statement" than a functional issue with the EQ....

The frequency diff. Between say the Etrac and EQ in finding silver are minimal ...don't think you are going to notice the depth diff. But...seems the EQ will ID it better at deeper depth then the E or any other detector......in that case ...solid ID vs numbers all over the place.....well very body's diff...have to admit I don't dig everything ...but a solid signal always sounds nice,....

sgoss66 said:
Neil said:
Tom(Conn) said:
I been in the hobby a very long time.I used many different brands over the years.Its amazing to me how one detector can create so much hoopla on here,but its ifor an nteresting to read.I dont think VLFs are going away anytime soon,Theres plenty of great machines out there,Heck some of my best gold finds came from a simple TR machine back in the day.Its all about location and getting the coil over the target and putting in the time and yes some of the machines out there are way to heavy for this old guy to be swinging around.But to some it up here Im not getting to excited until they come out with a machine that can tell the difference between canslaw aluminum and gold in a trashy park then we can all have something worth talking about,,Keep digging and COVER them holes,,

Alot of them do....recently the at max but there have been others as well over time. I feel for the tesoro .....theyve been waiting forever.....

Neil --

To clarify, when you say "a lot of them do," are you talking about Tom(Conn)'s statement about a detector creating so much hoopla?

When I first read it, I thought you were saying "a lot of them do" to the part of Tom's post about "a machine that can tell the difference between can slaw aluminum and gold in a trashy park..."

But then I read it again and concluded that you had to have been talking about the "hoopla" part...and that other machines, like the AT Max, have also created a lot of hoopla on the forum, pre-release.

Steve

That was in reference to the hoopla new machines not yet released produce.

Jason in Enid said:
kajunman said:
My wife can buy a $5.00 purse at Wal Mart or a $5000.00 Fendi purse. They will carry the same stuff. ........ By this time next year there will likely be a "new magic wand" on the market.

You are confusing brand name with function. All purses do the same thing, they are a bag with pockets. Please list ONE other VLF detector that can change frequency without changing the coil, AND can run single or multi freqs, AND is fully functional on salt beaches, AND is waterproof, AND is capable of updating software without sending it in to the manufacturer.

Can you name one? Or has the EQ really eclipsed all those other VLF like that brilliant MARKETING tactic claims? I can tell you it was marketing genius because look at how many people it has talking!

The funny thing about this statement is that you have not tried it yet are defending what it can or can't do . . . . right now there is a lot of marketing hype and control of what can be released and when it can be released by Minelab itself., Yes, it was a marketing effort to get people to hold off buying other detectors for the holidays - you really think Minelab did not know they would not be shipping before they announced the date after Christmas? An awful lot of people are jumping on people that question what the Equinox will or will not do without having used one or at best, tried it at a demo session conducted by Minelab.

Yes, it will be out soon - by early February - an d hopefully in more than extremely limited quantities so that actual paying users will be able to get it out and post their experience with it in different conditions.

Andy

I didnt list qualifications, I listed functionalities. Whether or not its best thing since sliced bread will have to be determined after release but it still has the features I stated. I don't need to actually have it in my hands to know what the manufacturers says its features are.

Do you have to actually drive a pickup truck to know it has X number of doors, or that it has a cargo bed, or that it has 25" tires? No, you read the spec list. I haven't done anything else. I'm also just putting out my thoughts on the subject. ML's marketers made a bold statement. Some people want to try to destroy that statement. I was looking at way that statement COULD be true. Basically, we are all just twiddling our thumbs on this until its in our hands.

Being a ex Minelab dealer I figured that we wouldnt see them until March of 2018 and anyone that wanted one that didnt pre ordered may have to wait a while until they can get one because of the ones dealers are getting in will be for the back-orders. I hope I am wrong, but going from past experience.

Rick

Do you have to actually drive a pickup truck to know it has X number of doors, or that it has a cargo bed, or that it has 25" tires?

True, but I think the concern people might have is are those doors worth a crap? Are they aligned properly or just slapped together? Is the cargo bed setup for convenience or just good enough to be called a cargo bed? Do the 25" tires make it ride like a lumber wagon?

Like you said, until it get's in the hands of users all we have is speculation and hope.

Southwind said:
Do you have to actually drive a pickup truck to know it has X number of doors, or that it has a cargo bed, or that it has 25" tires?

True, but I think the concern people might have is are those doors worth a crap? Are they aligned properly or just slapped together? Is the cargo bed setup for convenience or just good enough to be called a cargo bed? Do the 25" tires make it ride like a lumber wagon?

Like you said, until it get's in the hands of users all we have is speculation and hope.

:thumbup: