Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MInelab excalibur II

rottonr

Where can a fella purchase the rubber gasket that goes between the battery and machine? :shrug: Both of mine that came with my machine when I got it new in 2012 are so smooshed that I wonder how they still do their job.:sadwalk:

Also, I had to order my 4th coil cover. What is the best thing to due with it so it will last LONGER....? :surrender:

Try calling the service center for the gasket. I found them in a general internet search for about $6 from a non-sponsor; so I won't post that link.

As for the coil cover; my opinion is to not use a coil cover and coat the coil with marine epoxy. Don't put the epoxy on until the coil has been well cleaned. If you wear through the epoxy, clean and apply it again.

Put LOCTITE Marine epoxy on the bottom of the cover. Spreads so easy and is rock hard. I used to go thru a cover every 5 months until I found this stuff years ago. Didn’t do it on another machine I’m using and again ....3 months and wore out the side. This stuff works. About any dealer has those gaskets. I bought a cheap set of leather punches and some auto gasket rubber and made my own.