Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MInelab Explore SE for Newbie

nam1969

The good the bad . Is the learning curve to difficult for a newbie ? I can purchase one for $400 any suggestion would be appreciated ..... Thanks Marcelle

You should have no trouble learning the detector.

Buy it... Do a factory reset (Hold the on button down ut till it says factory reset) ... Noise cancel...... go detecting and have fun .. Just stay out of the nmnus for awhile .. learn the sounds ...... Swing the coil slow then slower.. it is a deep seeker machine ..

I just picked on up for the same deal! Do what was said above PLUS make sure you have a good enough digging tool!

Use the factory preset until you get familiar with the unit...Put sens in mid twenties manual and threshold to your liking is all the changes you have to make.
Run articles under the coil until you catch on to the sounds and after a while you can make changes. Unit is only as hard or easy as you want it to be.
A couple times out with an experienced Explorer user also helps to cut down on the learning period...

Thanks so much for the advice .It is like new comes with two coils and two battery pack. I was intimidated by the reviews .... Have many wonderful finds . Marcelle

Nam1969, did you buy it? Explorers are good machines and easy to learn despite what some folks say. They are heavy but it is a worth it.
If you bought it and have read Andy's book dont start in pre set. Use advance and go slow, swing slow and listen.
Re-read some post here on this site from Bryce, Mike O and Charles.
Good luck and have fun!