Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab explorer XS not powering up.

I got your package today... thank you very much! You are very kind! I'm off to dig Spanish silver this week!

You are King! You get the first piece I find)

I'm gonna go warm up the hair dryer now!

Is there a safe way to seal the edge, where it meets the plastic body? Silicone? I heard there are ways to protect it. How bout saran wrap
Did the faceplate fix the problem?

Power capacitor is still flat on top... I tried removing it with a friend that noticed this, and said it may still be good becausr it didnt exoand on top. Should I change it anyway, or could it be the screen pad that needs replacing? Is there a good source in the NE USA?
This was a free detector
My experience years back. After leaving the battery in for an extended time, my XS would not power up. Sent it in for repair and was fixed fairly cheap and fast. I'm not sure what they did, but they made the point not to leave the battery in for an extended period.

My experience years back. After leaving the battery in for an extended time, my XS would not power up. Sent it in for repair and was fixed fairly cheap and fast. I'm not sure what they did, but they made the point not to leave the battery in for an extended period.
Not sure where to find a repair service =/
I replaced the screen, and the power capacitor... what next, the controll board?

Not sure where to find a repair service =/
First try Minelab they may or may not be able to help.

One that can help is MSR detector repair. Granted they on other side of pond but, it’s for sure a place that can help.

Oh and final note all this is listed a sticky post at top of the forum. 👍